TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Can't remove TurboCAD Pro 19 - Error 1324
Read 50 times
* May 14, 2018, 09:19:01 PM
I want to rebuild my Windows 7 PC, and so I need to un-install TurboCAD Pro 19 to free up the registration on it, so I will be able to re-install it after I rebuild the PC and get Win7 running again. But I can't uninstall it. When I try, I get an error message "Error 1324. The path 3D Symbols contains an invalid character". I've tried looking at my file path settings in TurboCAD, I've tried looking through the Registry, I've tried googling this error, which is apparently common to Windows Profiles being messed up, and I can't find anywhere that looks like an unusual character is within a file path. Is there some way I can get past this error to uninstall TurboCAD? When I click OK on the 1324 error message the uninstall dialog window closes and it does not remove TurboCAD.

I am proceeding under the assumption that I would not be able to re-install TurboCAD Pro 19 unless I had previously uninstalled it, as some licensed programs require. If this is not the case, and I could just re-install TurboCAD again without having to uninstall it first, please let me know. This would save my having to solve how to uninstall it, and it could be wiped away when the drive is formatted.

* May 14, 2018, 09:58:28 PM
I want to rebuild my Windows 7 PC, and so I need to un-install TurboCAD Pro 19 to free up the registration on it, so I will be able to re-install it after I rebuild the PC and get Win7 running again. But I can't uninstall it. When I try, I get an error message "Error 1324. The path 3D Symbols contains an invalid character". I've tried looking at my file path settings in TurboCAD, I've tried looking through the Registry, I've tried googling this error, which is apparently common to Windows Profiles being messed up, and I can't find anywhere that looks like an unusual character is within a file path. Is there some way I can get past this error to uninstall TurboCAD? When I click OK on the 1324 error message the uninstall dialog window closes and it does not remove TurboCAD.

I am proceeding under the assumption that I would not be able to re-install TurboCAD Pro 19 unless I had previously uninstalled it, as some licensed programs require. If this is not the case, and I could just re-install TurboCAD again without having to uninstall it first, please let me know. This would save my having to solve how to uninstall it, and it could be wiped away when the drive is formatted.

I found a solution, so I want to share in case this happens to anyone else. I was able to use the installation disc (thinking I could possibly re-install over the existing installation and fix whatever path errors there were), but the installation disc also offers to repair, or remove, an existing installation of TurboCAD. So I selected removal, and it is now uninstalled, so I can proceed with my PC rebuild.