TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

TC 21 Crashes
Read 158 times
* May 16, 2018, 10:01:13 PM
It has been a very long day and I was desperately trying to finish a drawing. I try and save my work every few minutes, but I was so wrapped up in finishing this drawing that I forgot, and then the spinning cursor, I frantically look at the top of the screen. I see the dreaded TurboCAD not responding. I Panic!!! hoping that it will return to normal, and then the message that TC had and error and will be shut down!! EIGHT hours of work LOST!!!   :'(  :'(  :'(

I have had several instances lately where TC has crashed causing hours of lost work. I have submitted several tickets regarding the issue, and am told they are working on it but, it has been several weeks and no feedback. I hope someone can tell me if TC saves files as you are working on them as .bak files?

Also, I receive errors on occasions regarding RedSDK having a conflict with another graphics driver (I think that is error is). I have submitted that message with one of my crashes and asked how to verify there is no conflict. However, still no response. Can someone tell me how to check?

I purchased the upgrade to TC2018 but have not got it configured yet and don't want to lose productivity right now. Is there a way to migrate the desktop layout from TC21 to TC2018?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rod

TurboCAD Pro Platinum V21, 2018
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit Operating System
Dual Monitors
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T processor 3.20 GHz
8.00 GB installed memory
1 Terabyte of  storage

* May 16, 2018, 11:06:37 PM
Look in the AutoSave folder for a "~tc….asv" file around the date & time of the crash. You might also have a "Crush_….crs" file. Both can be opened in TurboCAD; just set the "File/Open" to "All Files".

Migrating to TurboCAD 2018: see this post in the custom configuration topic.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* May 17, 2018, 04:17:44 PM
! EIGHT hours of work LOST!!!   :'(  :'(  :'(

I have had several instances lately where TC has crashed causing hours of lost work.

Turbocad autosaves the drawing every 10 minutes by default.

In the event of a crash .... look in the Autosave Folder, open the last Temp file, Save it as a TCW with a variation of the correct named file. (reason for a variation file name, is so that it does not overwrite the original file, just in case it is corrupt / etc)

Buy opening up the Autosave file, means that the worst you have lost is 10 minutes.

You can also look in the Backup Folder and open that file ... Save it as a TCW with a variation of the correct named file.
This will give you 3 variations of the same file and will show the different stages of when they were last saved.

Also ... Crashes do happen ... so make a habit of Saving
I Save files when >> i have competed a Stage, taking a break, before i Render, before i Print.

Cheers
Mike