TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Relocate selection point
Read 420 times
* May 06, 2018, 08:31:16 AM
I have had to reload programs, and since reloading Turbocad Pro platinum 21.2.59 there is no longer the facility to relocate the selection point by the D key and am unable to find the instruction to reasign the key to. This has worked perfectly for me for years and recently with this version so I am lost without it. Is there another update (or an earlier version) that I could download which restores this facility or another menu item that I can reassign to a key to relocate the selection? Any help appreciated! Sheila

* May 06, 2018, 11:01:49 AM
I have had to reload programs, and since reloading Turbocad Pro platinum 21.2.59 there is no longer the facility to relocate the selection point by the D key and am unable to find the instruction to reasign the key to. This has worked perfectly for me for years and recently with this version so I am lost without it. Is there another update (or an earlier version) that I could download which restores this facility or another menu item that I can reassign to a key to relocate the selection? Any help appreciated! Sheila

Perhaps the Keyboard Shortcuts have gone missing See the attached. You may have to do a repair to restore things.

DonCW

2017 Platinum
Light Works Plug in
Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

* May 06, 2018, 09:23:56 PM
I would go to the "Customize" dialog, "Options" page, then click on the "Default" button to reload the factory default settings.
If you have a custom configuration, select that from the "Load From" list, then click on the "Load From" button.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled, except in 2018
Windows 10, 64-bit

* May 07, 2018, 06:15:32 AM
John and Don, thank you for the suggestions which I have followed.
In the customise keyboard list there is nothing in the list for 'edit reference point'. However I discovered it worked with alt +D whichever customised keyboard I used. The only time I can get D to show and refer to 'edit reference point' is in the Help menu keyboards shortcut list under current commands. But still not in the toolbars options keyboard list where I should be able to reset it. I've repaired and reloaded, but no change so I have to use the alt +D option.
I do have another problem now that when I select any object if I want to change its size in the edit size box at the bottom it will only change orthogonally in both dimensions ie if I change the x dimension the y dimension changes at the same time and vice versa. I can't find any setting that makes this happen, do you know if there is one? Thanks again, Sheila

* May 07, 2018, 06:42:37 AM
PS another setting I can't find, each tool such as join or extend line onlyl lasts for one action, I have to reset it for each line. Is this a setting or a problem with the installed program? Sheila

* May 07, 2018, 07:12:42 AM
You're working in the "LTE workspace" style. Everything is set up to mimic AutoCAD LT. If you want the original TurboCAD tools configuration, use the "Default workspace" setting.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Windows 10, 64-bit

* May 07, 2018, 01:16:27 PM
John, thank you, both issues resolved.
I've never had this problem on a new installation before, so am surprised that it defaults to LTE and not to the 'default'. Sheila

* May 07, 2018, 03:22:53 PM
It's the "Updated User Interface" dialog that pops up at the beginning of Version 21. Most people will click on "Click Here" instead of the "X", unless they stop and carefully read it. A poorly designed dialog in my opinion and I told them so, but they were trying to peddle the LTE UI.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Windows 10, 64-bit

* May 07, 2018, 04:59:42 PM
It's the "Updated User Interface" dialog that pops up at the beginning of Version 21. Most people will click on "Click Here" instead of the "X", unless they stop and carefully read it. A poorly designed dialog in my opinion and I told them so, but they were trying to peddle the LTE UI.

Poorly proofread, too.

Henry H

* May 08, 2018, 12:06:47 AM
This reminder was missing from my new installations, maybe there was a shadow of earlier installations which stopped this happening. Thanks again, Sheila