TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Resizing - Scaling
Read 189 times
* April 22, 2018, 09:54:44 AM
When I select a drawing using select all and drag to the desired size, everything thing seems to be sized correctly except the dimensions, The arrows and text stay the same. How can I overcome this and have everything in the drawing be correct when I resize or scale this way?

Using TCPP21.

Thanks,
Doug

* April 22, 2018, 10:44:36 AM
re: …The arrows and text stay the same…

Select all the errant dimensions, go to the "Format" page, then change the "Dimension Size Scale" to a new size. Text, arrowheads, spacing will become larger/smaller depending on what is input.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* April 22, 2018, 01:07:12 PM
John,

Thanks for the reply. I had slipped and did not mention that I had already tried that. But then the dimensions were also changed whether from the resizing of the drawing or the change in value on the dimension properties scale. Don't want to totally have to dimension the print from scratch after resizing.

TCPP21.

Thanks,
Doug

* April 22, 2018, 09:57:55 PM
I am not sure I understand you correctly.
Generally you draw 1:1  and then the text and change dimensions properties, depending on the print scale ,
so that when you print they are an appropriate size.
It sounds like you are drawing at one scale and to change the scale stretching or scaling your drawing.

When you do this the dimension properties will still be at the same settings and therefore smaller or larger then you want them to be
If I am correct, you need to change the properties of the dimensions as well as stretching or scaling.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks