TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

pdf Manual Index
Read 206 times
* April 21, 2018, 08:21:14 AM
I'm trying this again, some days after this part of the Forum rejected my first two attempts, to see if that was a temporary blip. it's off that is co-incided with that Cloudflare appearing.

I've described having made a 'Word' hard-copy of the Manual's Contents list - suitably edited for readability, to facilitate searching the manual itself on the screen.

I realised it would help to have an alphabetical Index too.

I edited a copy of the Word.doc into a Plain Text version with comma and CR/LF delimiters, so that Excel could pick it up and turn it into a two column spreadsheet. Keeping it in original page-number order, I then corrected various odd copying errors, by comparison with the Contents print.

Finally, Sort by Column A (the one with the words), Save and Print.

One important change I made was re-arranging titles into genus-species order, so all the "Circles" genus for example is together with its species listed alphabetically: "Circle, Tangent to arc; Circle,Tangent to Entities," etc. As it happens these ones are also in page order, but that's secondary.

Now let's see what Cloudflare will do...

Nigel.

On TC Deluxe 19: hobby use.

* April 21, 2018, 11:48:49 AM
Well, you created the topic, but there isn't any attachments with it.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* April 22, 2018, 08:05:35 AM
I'd not said there is, nor intended to add one, partly because I don't know how (and it's an Excel file, not a TC one), but also because I'm not sure about copyright. 

I still don't know what had blocked my access to this area. Some security-software glitch or conflict, perhaps?

Nigel.

* April 22, 2018, 10:25:03 AM
I had a similar experience last week while posting. I would hit the Preview button, get the Captcha thing, then an empty Reply form. I could go Back to the original page, make a copy of my reply, then go to the original topic and start a brand new Reply. I would remove the different formatting used (color, list, special characters, etc) to see what was causing the Captcha to show up. I found that a special character was the problem; Alt+0133. With that gone, I had no problem posting. This week, I don't have a problem with Special Characters; ƒ…×Ø.

If they think they're under attack, they should go to the TurboApps Public Forum. They've lost the war there, especially in the "TurboSite / General Discussion" board.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* April 22, 2018, 01:22:54 PM
Interesting!
I'd never thought of a special character but I didn't think I'd included any. Unless I'd quoted the lines of dots in the original manual. I've just opened 'Word' to see what ALT+0133 does: three dots.

Nigel.