TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

pdf Manual Index
Read 692 times
* April 21, 2018, 08:21:14 AM
I'm trying this again, some days after this part of the Forum rejected my first two attempts, to see if that was a temporary blip. it's off that is co-incided with that Cloudflare appearing.

I've described having made a 'Word' hard-copy of the Manual's Contents list - suitably edited for readability, to facilitate searching the manual itself on the screen.

I realised it would help to have an alphabetical Index too.

I edited a copy of the Word.doc into a Plain Text version with comma and CR/LF delimiters, so that Excel could pick it up and turn it into a two column spreadsheet. Keeping it in original page-number order, I then corrected various odd copying errors, by comparison with the Contents print.

Finally, Sort by Column A (the one with the words), Save and Print.

One important change I made was re-arranging titles into genus-species order, so all the "Circles" genus for example is together with its species listed alphabetically: "Circle, Tangent to arc; Circle,Tangent to Entities," etc. As it happens these ones are also in page order, but that's secondary.

Now let's see what Cloudflare will do...

Nigel.

On TC Deluxe 19: hobby use.

* April 21, 2018, 11:48:49 AM
Well, you created the topic, but there isn't any attachments with it.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled, except in 2018
Windows 10, 64-bit

* April 22, 2018, 08:05:35 AM
I'd not said there is, nor intended to add one, partly because I don't know how (and it's an Excel file, not a TC one), but also because I'm not sure about copyright. 

I still don't know what had blocked my access to this area. Some security-software glitch or conflict, perhaps?

Nigel.

* April 22, 2018, 10:25:03 AM
I had a similar experience last week while posting. I would hit the Preview button, get the Captcha thing, then an empty Reply form. I could go Back to the original page, make a copy of my reply, then go to the original topic and start a brand new Reply. I would remove the different formatting used (color, list, special characters, etc) to see what was causing the Captcha to show up. I found that a special character was the problem; Alt+0133. With that gone, I had no problem posting. This week, I don't have a problem with Special Characters; ƒ…×Ø.

If they think they're under attack, they should go to the TurboApps Public Forum. They've lost the war there, especially in the "TurboSite / General Discussion" board.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled, except in 2018
Windows 10, 64-bit

* April 22, 2018, 01:22:54 PM
Interesting!
I'd never thought of a special character but I didn't think I'd included any. Unless I'd quoted the lines of dots in the original manual. I've just opened 'Word' to see what ALT+0133 does: three dots.

Nigel.