TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Changed to HP6975 printer now can't print a View. Print options not functional
Read 294 times
* April 18, 2018, 11:10:13 AM
I recently switched to a HP6975 printer, and when I hit "print' a different printer screen appears which does not have the View selections, , so I cannot select a view, so I cannot print a View. I can print the whole worksheet on an 8 1/2 X 11 sheet, but I want to print the detail parts on individual sheets , and I cannot. This occurs both on Turbocad deluxe 2017 and Turbocad deluxe 2015 ( which I have used for years and had worked OK until my old HP all-in-one printer broke, and I got this new printer).
In addition, the Print Options screen is no longer dark background as it was prior to this new printer, and the Page setup, Full Preview and Print Queue buttons do not operate. There is a portion of the Number of copies block sitting at the top edge of the Full Preview buttons. It appears that Turbocad is not compatible with this new printer.

any suggestions?

I just updated my HP software, and checked the action on my TCAD Deluxe 2015, and it still does not allow me to select a View in the Print screen.

I can post a screen grab of the new print options screen if someone can tell me how.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 12:54:14 PM by powderbrake »

Jerry E.

* April 19, 2018, 03:28:51 AM
I have a similar issue with my HP printer - it works in the 32 bit version though.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

May 09, 2018, 05:27:44 PM
I recently switched to a HP6975 printer, and when I hit "print' a different printer screen appears which does not have the View selections, , so I cannot select a view, so I cannot print a View...

any suggestions?

My suggestion is to load the free PDF Printer Driver CutePDF.  Print to it as your default device, then print the PDFs to a physical printer as needed.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* July 04, 2018, 07:48:58 AM
Printing via CutePDF is a good workaround, but I was hoping for a real resolution of the issue.  For years I have used an older version (V16) of TurboCad 2D designer and printed my work out on an HP7500A wide-format printer without issue, usually by selecting a Named View when the print dialog box came up.  Easy as pie.

Unfortunately, the 7500A gave up after about 8 years (go figure), so I recently bought an HP7720 wide-format as a replacement.  Install went off without a hitch.  But when I try to print any of my existing (or newly created) TurboCad files, there are no views (Named, Current or otherwise) available for print, even though they are all available for modelspace or paperspace.  Just a blank “down arrow” box.  I downloaded and installed the TurboCad 2D Designer 2018 version (32-bit) trial version, but that made no difference.

Anyone have any idea what the issue is and how to remedy?

Tom

* July 04, 2018, 05:03:55 PM

Anyone have any idea what the issue is and how to remedy?

Sounds like a HP software issue .... Compatibility of what ever Windows version you have.

You could try the following ...
Download the print driver of a different manufacturers printer >>> IE Cannon / Brother / etc
Select it as your Default printer.
Set up the page >> and see if all the "there are views (Named, Current or otherwise) available for print"

If it is successful >> Either Email HP support ... or dump the HP & buy the printer that works.

Cheers
Mike

* July 05, 2018, 09:06:56 AM
Sounds like a HP software issue .... Compatibility of what ever Windows version you have.

Sorry for including a reference to my OS (it's Win 10 home)

I'll try an "other brand" driver install in the next day or so and see what results.  I'll report back.  Thanks.

Tom