TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

TurboCad 21 - Strange behavior in paper space
Read 173 times
* April 13, 2018, 09:14:39 AM
Recently I am experiencing some strange behavior in paper space.

I own two computers as described below.  Both are running TC21.  The problem is only with Computer No.1

Computer 1
Model:               HP Compaq Pressario
Processor:        Intel Pentium Dual E2200 @ 2.2 GHz
Installed RAM:  3.00 GB
System;            32-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Windows:         Windows 10 Pro Version 1709 OS Build 16299.371
Package:         TurboCad 21.2 Build 71.0 - 32 bit

Computer 2
Model:              Dell Inspiron 15
Processor         Intel Celeron CPU N3050
Installed RAM:  4.00 GB
System;            64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Windows:         Windows 10 Pro Version 1709 OS Build 16299.371
Package:         TurboCad 21.2 Build 71.0 - 64 bit

Starting only this week I am having problems in paper space, but only on Computer 1.  Some but not all of the problems include:

- Upon loading a file paper space does not appear. I see only the gray background.  If I then hit Ctrl  + space, the paper space will now appear.

- Upon switching to model space, the model space appears. But on switching back to paper space the model space shows.  But hitting Ctrl + space, restores the paper space

- In paper space, clicking on a object within a viewport does not show the reference makes for the viewport, until I hit Ctrl + space.  Then the marks show on the four corners of the viewport.

- If I click on another viewport, the reference marks for the first viewport stay on.  If i now click on another viewport, its reference marks do not show.  If I now right click on the second viewport I can enter its properties page.  I can change the properties, but when I exit the page the updated properties do not appear until again I hit Ctrl + space.

I can't think of a specific change I've made to TC21 to cause it behave like this.  Computer No 2. does not show any of this behaviour.

It does not depend on the drawing.  It applies equally to old drawings as to newly created ones.  It is not the mouse.  When I run TC21 on Computer No 2 I swap over the mouse.  It is not the monitor. I also use Computer No 1's LG monitor with the lap top

The only other clue is that I have one other software package that has issues running on Computer No 1, but not on Computer No 2.

I like having the two computers.  But I am at the point of deciding whether the Computer No 1 needs to be replaced.  HP no longer support the model.  It is also next to impossible to do any kind of upgrading of things like video cards.  The video card on Computer No1 is integrated onto the mother board.  It is a NVIDA GeForce 7100.

Any insight anyone can provide is appreciated.  If there is some environment setting in Windows or TC21  that corrects the problem, than that would preferable to try, rather than buying a newer computer.