TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

My Jet Engine
Read 516 times
* April 12, 2018, 08:49:25 PM
I saw a Jet Engine done here on the Gallery. So, instead of using it as a go-by, I looked online for my own Jet profile view and found something rather basic that I thought I could handle.  I am sorry as I only have the description of: Typical modern three-spool turbofan jet engine.
I am not even sure if I drew it correctly. But, I guess my justification was experimenting with cut-away views, Lofting of the Blade Fins, etc.  I wanted to put a Airline Logo (image) on the side and I just couldn't get the logo wrap working with the UV wrapping tool, getting late, so I abandoned that for a while. This is about 8 - 10  hours of work.
I guess this is my third installment of 3D of doing something entirely on my own without the aid of a tutorial, etc.
Well, actually, I did watch the video a little bit on that Jet Engine and picked up some ideas.
I am fairly happy with it, but it seems to lack an extra punch of some more details. But in fact of my not knowing anything about Jet Engines, I did not want to butcher this up, so it is best to leave well enough alone.

Donnie

April 13, 2018, 03:47:05 AM
Donnie,

thanks for posting and sharing your work.  8)
    Patient, practice and experience, will improve the details.

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017/2018 + Lightworks (64-bit versions).

April 14, 2018, 07:31:04 AM
Looks great Donnie! Just imagine if one of you ships of scale were equipped with a couple of those how different the world would be. :-)

* April 14, 2018, 09:53:45 AM
Hi Don,
My goal is actually trying to draw the tall ships frames, keel, decking, planking etc. just too much complex arcs and curves. I finally was able to get one frame done. The reason is that each frame is about 8 individual pieces. I finally figured out how to do it by drawing the frame and using 3 D slice tool to separate out my 8 pieces. I will post at some point an image of what i am talking about.

* April 15, 2018, 05:23:46 PM
Ggreat looking model,  the fins came out well, 

* April 15, 2018, 08:01:56 PM
Thank you Andy on both this and the Cannon. I did not think about doing the red wood texture like that. I will try it. Thanks

Donnie

April 19, 2018, 06:30:09 PM
Looks very good.  Easily usable in a technical manual.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1