TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

making 3D segmented elbows
Read 555 times
* March 26, 2018, 02:57:00 PM
Hello, newbie here, first question. ( I know its easy... if you know the answer.)

I'm trying to draw a 3D segmented 24" pipe elbow.  I only know how to draw cylinders, not how to angle the ends or join them together. 

Anyone willing help me?

Kenn

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 03:01:04 PM by KennRuckey »

* March 26, 2018, 05:46:56 PM
Hello, newbie here, first question. ( I know its easy... if you know the answer.)

I'm trying to draw a 3D segmented 24" pipe elbow.  I only know how to draw cylinders, not how to angle the ends or join them together. 

Anyone willing help me?

Kenn

Hopefully the PDF attachment makes some sense to you. Also there is a screenshot attached showing the location of the Compound Tool on the Inspector Bar.

Which version of TurboCad are you using, is it Pro or Deluxe?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 06:38:32 PM by DonCW »

DonCW

2017 Platinum
Light Works Plug in
Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

* March 26, 2018, 07:07:49 PM
I think the easiest approach is to Rail Sweep a circular profile along a Polyline path.

Henry H

* March 27, 2018, 04:59:32 AM
Draw or model?   A quarter of a torus is another way, you can specify the included angle in properties or selection info palette, and it's very simple to specify say, 30 degrees, select and relocate the reference point to the centre of the torus, enable "make copy" and rotate 30 degrees for segmentation. 
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 05:02:28 AM by murray dickinson »