TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Lines and dimensions don't show until I click the end point or click finish
Read 417 times
* March 17, 2018, 11:28:37 AM
For some reason, when I go to draw a line, after clicking to start the line nothing shows until I click on the end point and then click finish. Also same thing when using the dimension command. Nothing shows until the final click. I have a Dell all in one and am running TCad 2017 on Windows 10.

* March 17, 2018, 12:40:30 PM
I did a little research and change the Native Draw to GDI and it is back to normal but it looks like it is not using my video card. Anyway I can fix this and take full advantage of the video card I have. I have the latest driver installed. The spec on my video card is:

Hardware vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Renderer: GeForce GT 640M/PCIe/SSE2
GPU chipset: nVidia G400
Driver version: Generic driver (10.18.10.4358)
OpenGL version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 391.01

* March 17, 2018, 12:58:27 PM
This video is from IMSI regarding setting the correct GPU on multi GPU systems.  performance tip.  No idea if this will be helpful or not in your situation.

Here is a thread with what sounds like a similar problem, one solution. , maybe worth reading.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 01:09:53 PM by Andy H »

* March 17, 2018, 02:09:06 PM
Thanks. Looks like I have to contact nVidia tech support. I checked Dell website for the latest drivers and theirs was dated 2013!! I guess they are not supporting this computer/graphics card any more. I have to use GDI for now.

* March 25, 2018, 09:12:05 PM
I had the same problem in Jan. and after many hours spent with tech support it turned out that the problem was the latest Nvidia driver that was causing the problem after removing that driver and reinstalling the old driver everything works great.  We are always asked if we have the latest driver yet that can often be the problem causing unintended consequences.