TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Multitext Locked Up
Read 430 times
* March 08, 2018, 04:12:42 PM
I am using TC 2017 Pro Plat I am doing drawings for architects use that include equipment schedules which I am usinf Tables for. Since a lot of the schedules are the same I reuse them and change some of the contents. After changing a number of cells I click on the text of the next cell to be changed and using the arrow keys to get to the edit position nothing moves the curser continues to blink but will not move accross the word-s. I have used this method many times and always ends up the same. The only fix I have found is to close TC and reopen it and the Multitext editor will work for eight to twelve times and then lock up.

* March 08, 2018, 10:30:14 PM
I am using TC 2017 Pro Plat I am doing drawings for architects use that include equipment schedules which I am usinf Tables for. Since a lot of the schedules are the same I reuse them and change some of the contents. After changing a number of cells I click on the text of the next cell to be changed and using the arrow keys to get to the edit position nothing moves the curser continues to blink but will not move accross the word-s. I have used this method many times and always ends up the same. The only fix I have found is to close TC and reopen it and the Multitext editor will work for eight to twelve times and then lock up.

When MultiText  locks up I find Selecting it once normally gets the text working. This works for me most of the time.

DonCW

2017 Platinum
Light Works Plug in
Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

* March 14, 2018, 02:29:24 PM
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. I have deselected the text and tried to select it by clicking on it, scroling overit with the left mouse button down, then with the right button down even tried not selecting and then clicking on the word with the Multitext tool and the curser just stays at the front of he word and blinks the arows will not move it. Closing the drawing does not work I have to close the program, makes for great productivity.

* March 15, 2018, 11:13:53 AM
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. I have deselected the text and tried to select it by clicking on it, scroling overit with the left mouse button down, then with the right button down even tried not selecting and then clicking on the word with the Multitext tool and the curser just stays at the front of he word and blinks the arows will not move it. Closing the drawing does not work I have to close the program, makes for great productivity.
[/quote

Sorry for my poor explanation.

(Frozen Multitext)....Solution that works for me. Use the Select tool to highlight the text once, then deselect it. That usually solves the problem for me.

DonCW

2017 Platinum
Light Works Plug in
Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.