TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Proxy Graphics, TurboCAD and Revit
Read 554 times
* March 07, 2018, 07:48:51 AM
I am trying to use TurboCAD to save a drawing as a dwg file. I then want to open this file in Revit.  When I try to import the file, it gives me an error and says I need to "set my proxy graphics to 1".  Does anyone know how to set this up in TurboCAD?

March 14, 2018, 04:32:07 AM
I have read elsewhere that Revit does not save to older versions (which shouldn't be that surprising, as they want everyone to use their Subscription model so they all have the latest version).  While this is the opposite direction from what you want to do, it is possible that you may have to experiment with different DWG or DWF version settings in Setup.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* March 14, 2018, 04:59:39 AM
They're not "proxy graphics" in TC, so there's no switch in TC.  Autodesk apps create placeholders for objects that they don't understand, even for objects created in other Autodesk apps, they're the proxies.

* March 14, 2018, 08:05:04 PM
If it is 3d try saving the file as an IFC file rather then an autocad file.That is the way you share between BIM programs. 
With Ifc ,When Revit opens the model it will then try to convert as much as possible to Revit objects ie walls roofs etc

Proxy objects are dumb objects in autocad. Usually from one of the other autodesk products that autocad doesn't recognize and replaces it with a Proxy object. Sort of a place marker. The setting you are looking for is an autocad setting.

OR
I have noticed that ppm objects created in Turbocad are saved as proxy objects when saving to dwg.
If you have any of those try exploding them before saving to dwg. 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 08:36:58 PM by nikkipollard »

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks