TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Modify Tools - Features with pen width
Read 448 times
* March 06, 2018, 11:58:06 PM
I am using TurboCAD Deluxe 2017 64 bit version 24.0, Build 42.4.

I have found that the Modify tools, for example Trim, Extend, etc. do not work on objects that either have a pen width property or pen width set for the layer. The system will not let me select these objects. My work around is to set pen width to 0 but I have a lot of individual objects and it is time consuming. I've loked through some of the forum topics and help but don't see a solution.

* March 08, 2018, 02:32:37 AM
Welcome.

Just gave it a try, and it appears to depends on the Pen width Scaling, in the objects pen properties, if width scaling is set to 'world' the trim etc. does not work if 'geometry'. is ticked.  If set to device, or device width, (with geometry ticked or not) it works ok for me.  This seems to be as programmed, because some tools throw up an error message (like the meet two lines tool) if world and geometry are both set.

I would be careful about having 'Geometry' un-ticked, as I've had strange things happen, like lines being a long way from where they are supposed to be. (it may be ok for other people).   if unfamiliar with Pen width scaling, you could use a new blank drawing and experiment with the different settings. Pen property help page

« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 02:34:19 AM by Andy H »

* March 13, 2018, 10:08:29 PM
Thank-you!