TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Editing Holes
Read 747 times
* March 02, 2018, 12:17:29 PM
TCPro 17. In the attached drawing I want to increase the pitch of the holes by 0.020ins. Can someone please direct me to a forum solution, manual instruction or explain how it is done without deleting the holes in the part tree and starting again. Thanks.

* March 02, 2018, 01:16:13 PM
Normally one would use the part tree to alter the 2D profile of the holes simple extrude, however in this case the profile seems to be missing (see John's reply below).  Therefore, select the part, in the selection palette, expand (click the + sign against) 3D subtract, click the words simple extrude that is revealed, at the top of the selection palette, click edit contents button, you can now change the diameter of the rod used for the hole, click green arrow to get back out of edit mode.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 02:54:14 PM by Andy H »

* March 02, 2018, 01:50:00 PM
There is a Profile, but it is only available in the Local Menu when the extrusion is selected.

If you need to move the part, you can use the "Select" button to highlight that particular part, then use the Inspector Bar to move or rotate it. You can also use the Selection Info palette to make changes.

BUG: I find I have to switch to Paper Space and back to Model Space, because the view goes blank.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled, except in 2018
Windows 10, 64-bit

* March 02, 2018, 11:00:53 PM
Is that a bug in what I attached, in other words, a problem with my TC?

* March 03, 2018, 08:58:16 AM
That's a v2017 drawing, not v17.

...Anyway, I easily moved the holes using the Facet Editor. It helps to set a Workplane by Facet on one of the end faces of the object, and to enable the "Position" fields and "User"/"User" in Facet Editor Properties.

Henry H
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 09:02:09 AM by Henry Hubich »

* March 03, 2018, 01:08:45 PM
Is that a bug in what I attached, in other words, a problem with my TC?

I redrew your part in a new drawing and didn't experience the problem of everything disappearing when moving an extrusion.

I tried your drawing again and all I can see is a bounding box of the extrusion, but no objects. When I Escape so nothing is selected, the screen is blank. I can drag a select window over the part, but only see a bounding box, not the object. Switching between spaces returns everything to normal. More than likely, something is wrong with the drawing, but I have no idea what it is.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Windows 10, 64-bit

* March 03, 2018, 03:35:24 PM
I had no problems working with the drawing.

Henry H

* March 03, 2018, 09:54:31 PM

Henry H

Here is what I get in this movie: dmrundle Hole Edit Problem.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Windows 10, 64-bit

* March 04, 2018, 08:49:51 AM

Henry H

Here is what I get in this movie: dmrundle Hole Edit Problem.

Why bother with the Part Tree?

Henry H

* March 04, 2018, 12:43:34 PM
Thanks for your help guys. Yes my TC is 2017. Have just tried Henry's method and it seems to be successful once having got used to modifying the coordinate position by simple calculation and not inputting the Delta figure. This is a technique I have not come across before. There is just so much to know about TC.

* March 04, 2018, 02:59:56 PM
Thanks for your help guys. Yes my TC is 2017. Have just tried Henry's method and it seems to be successful once having got used to modifying the coordinate position by simple calculation and not inputting the Delta figure. This is a technique I have not come across before. There is just so much to know about TC.

I should have pointed out that no calculation is necessary when Extents CS and Coordinate System are both set to "UserCS." After selecting the facet(s) to be moved, click the "Set UCS by Selector" icon on the Inspector Bar. This resets the Position fields to zero and you can then enter the desired delta value(s) directly into the appropriate "Pos" field(s).

Henry H
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 12:35:53 PM by Henry Hubich »

* March 05, 2018, 12:12:02 PM
That works, many thanks. As I said, there is just so much to know especially these little quirks.