TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Edit layer set - can't sort list
Read 570 times
* February 15, 2018, 04:05:31 PM
When creating/editing layer sets, the "Layer Set" window does not allow sorting of the list.

The window displays the standard layers spreadsheet, but clicking on the header of any column does not sort the list.  It remains in it's default order of "layer creation time".  Usually this list is sortable in other situations.

It's a minor annoyance, but with about 100 layers, it takes a little time to scroll through to find the layers i want to select.

Cameron Miller
TurboCAD 2018PP, 2016PP, V20PP
Windows 7 pro

* February 15, 2018, 05:05:16 PM
Same situation in TC2017

Cameron Miller
Windows 7 pro

* February 15, 2018, 06:11:49 PM
In my version-20, in depends on which method I use to get to a Layer Sets window.
There's at least 3 ways of getting there, and the resultant windows all look and behave slightly different from one another.

If I go the Options/Drawing_Setup/Layers method, I can sort by clicking on the column headings (but this window oftentimes causes a Crash, in my version-20).
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 06:49:57 PM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* February 16, 2018, 07:43:23 PM
I had some time to mess around a little in both LTE and default workspace. I thought I had something figured out but now I can't find a pattern.

I'm been gettting to the "Layer sets" window by:
1. options>drawing setup>layers.
2. right-click on D. Director layers>edit layerSetsOther
3. layers palette>edit layer sets

I've tried with D. Director and/or layers palette being open/closed/pinned. I've altered list orders/visibility on the layers palette/d. director and also tried right clicking and selecting ascending/descending on the columns in the layer set window and the drawing setup sub window.

I had only a couple times in LTE where it listed the layers alphabetically and never could I sort the layers while trying to edit a layer set.

Oh well, I give up. Not a big deal I don't make that many layer sets.  Maybe I have to many layers and/or layer filters or some other glitchy thing.  Lots of elements in this project and i've been working on it for a long time!  I'll just scroll through the non-alphabetical list. 

Cameron Miller
Windows 7 pro

February 17, 2018, 02:55:18 AM
Hi,

whilst I have no doubt, that what you say is true, and, TurboCAD still has some faults, I always press the Name column in Design Director to order the names alphabetically, either ascending or descending. 

Does this work for you?

Regards Tim
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 05:51:03 AM by Tim Stewart »

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017/2018 + Lightworks (64-bit versions).