TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Help Please - How do i get an image to show in the final render?
Read 441 times
February 15, 2018, 09:44:33 AM
Hello me again :)
I am sure this already asked in here but I could find any threads so i thought id ask :)
So I have an image I want to use as a Framed picture in room scene but I cant get the image to show when I use quality render?? I just get a black square?

what am I missing ??

James B

"Was" Using Plat Pro 2018
Windows 10 - 64-bit
Nvidia K620

* February 15, 2018, 10:52:00 AM
Select the image,  in the selection palette / properties, under image - untick 'Opaque Background'

February 15, 2018, 11:05:49 AM
Select the image,  in the selection palette / properties, under image - untick 'Opaque Background'

Thank you Andy you have come to my aid once again :) that was driving me crazy :)

James B

Windows 10 - 64-bit
Nvidia K620

* February 15, 2018, 11:43:58 AM
James,   what I should have also added, is, many people probably use a 'picture' as a material texture attached to a 3D object, the same as any material like Brick,  this has the advantage of automatically altering with different lighting conditions.

Whilst the inserted picture method works fine, but one needs to remember to alter the brightness / contrast of the image in the selection palette, if one changes the lighting of the scene,  which is not necessary if the image is used as a material texture.

February 15, 2018, 02:09:28 PM
James,   what I should have also added, is, many people probably use a 'picture' as a material texture attached to a 3D object, the same as any material like Brick,  this has the advantage of automatically altering with different lighting conditions.

Whilst the inserted picture method works fine, but one needs to remember to alter the brightness / contrast of the image in the selection palette, if one changes the lighting of the scene,  which is not necessary if the image is used as a material texture.

Sweet :)

Windows 10 - 64-bit
Nvidia K620