TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Leader Dimensions get replicated
Read 476 times
* February 14, 2018, 12:06:58 PM
I have a survey created in AutoCad (dwg, but not sure which version) .  After rubber stamping a portion of the drawing to another area of the model space, saving as a dwg file  and upon re-opening the file, I noticed several of the dimension leaders were replicated many times.

Any suggestions for quickly finding, selecting and deleting each of these replications or some other quick fix? See attached files showing the original file and then the modified file.  Note that both the original and the copied drawing in model space both had the same issues with replications.

EnvCons
TurboCAD 2015 Deluxe 64-bit, Dell XPS i7 7700 3.6 GHz
16 GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
 Window 10 Home

* February 14, 2018, 12:57:31 PM
If the data contained in the source file is valuable then save it to a backup. Then convert it to a tcw file that way someone will be able to find the problem!

Thanks Daz
TCW V21, 2016 & 2017 PP, Animation Lab V5, Graficalc, TCMap, TurboPDF V2-V3 & Lightworks mostly
Windows 10 Home ed. i7 @ 3400Ghz, 16GB, Nvidia 960GTX 4GB ram, 2TB HD, 500GB SSD & 128GB SSD

Good better best
Never let it rest
Until your good is better
And your better is best

* February 14, 2018, 01:52:19 PM
There's one possibility that I can think of: the text of TC leaders is an attribute.  If they're still identified as leader dimensions or whatever when they're imported, you can select all copies of each by attribute, ie the text or dimension of original and copies of one leader (looks like "non vehicular line" or similar for one of those in your snip, that's the attribute), deselect the one you want to keep and delete the others.   If they're stripped of their attributes or have their object type deprecated, I think you'll be doing  it manually.

I just noticed that the copies seem to have differently-coloured text.  If that's the case, it might be possible to select the copies by query, the query I tried is 'Object type'='Leader Dimension' AND '[Leader Dimension]Text color'='Red'
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 02:39:34 PM by murray dickinson »

* February 15, 2018, 08:18:56 AM
Murray,
Thanks for the suggestion.  I decided to just select (by entity) the leader dimensions and delete them all as I don't really need them for my purposes.  The frustrating part is that I have had problems in the past with leader dimensions getting fouled up in one way or another. It would be helpful to understand the cause of this.

Is anyone aware of the cause and have a suggestion for eliminating the issue with leader dimensions?

EnvCons
TurboCAD 2015 Deluxe 64-bit, Dell XPS i7 7700 3.6 GHz
16 GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
 Window 10 Home

* February 15, 2018, 02:32:12 PM
Is anyone aware of the cause and have a suggestion for eliminating the issue with leader dimensions?

With CAD programs .. when reading files that have been created via "Other Programs" .... Entities such as this leader style, can be read, but not created.

Basically ... TC can see it, but not create it. You can see the fault is that when it reproduces it, it is replicating in a 360° fashion.

Best way is to stabilize it .. Select it / Copy / Paste / Explode / Group Entity.... Then Rubber stamp it

Cheers
Mike