TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

add boolian
Read 404 times
February 12, 2018, 04:47:40 PM
Question for a TC Pro 18:

This is a second time for me seeing this issue, what could be causing the error message while attempting to add the yellow to the blue - it’s a long flat bar stock as shown.

Thanks,

Bob

* February 12, 2018, 05:44:52 PM
You can add them if you first explode each object one time, thereby changing its status from "Part" to "ACIS Solid." Don't know why you cannot add the "Parts."

Henry H

February 12, 2018, 06:13:40 PM
Thanks again Henry - I thought I never had to do that on a straight forward situation so was confounded.

Bob

* February 12, 2018, 06:26:17 PM
Question for a TC Pro 18:

This is a second time for me seeing this issue, what could be causing the error message while attempting to add the yellow to the blue - it’s a long flat bar stock as shown.

Thanks,

Bob

Bob, see attached
The  cutout is causing the boolean to fail.
If I move the yellow part so the end of the cutout lines up with or extends pass the other part the 3d add works.
You'll still have the part tree.

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2018-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21.Using Lightworks and Redsdk, Anilab lab 5. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100