TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Inserted Camera Example
Read 504 times
January 20, 2018, 07:36:20 AM
This is an illustration, of using a Camera Object, from within TurboCAD, which is then inserted as an Actor, into the AnimationLab plug-in.

View the animation here:

https://youtu.be/nVoZdN-0TJU

Regards Tim
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 05:59:54 AM by Tim Stewart »

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017/2018 + Lightworks (64-bit versions).

* January 21, 2018, 05:10:44 AM
Really nice example Tim.

I do much prefer to use an inserted camera, rather than the mobile camera,  I find the mobile camera just too limiting.

As a side note,  your file created an unusual problem with my RedSDK,  likely because you are using Lightworks, I got a "RedSDK not supported by this window" error,   It seems drawings created in Lightworks material with a camera and / or multiple windows cause strange things to happen with my RedSDK. 

All my rendering icons were greyed out, which is normal with lightworks materials.  But unusually in this case, deleting the materials and resetting the rendering options, didn't work (which it normally does), instead I had to also close the camera window, save file, and reopen to get RedSDK back working again, I guess the two engines are not playing well together when there are multiple windows. 

Amusingly, at one point I got it to draft render even though the draft icon was greyed out, no idea how I managed to do that. :)

January 21, 2018, 06:21:08 AM
Hi Andy,

thanks for taking a look.
I think each method has its advantages and disadvantages, as you would expect.
Yes, I use LightWorks exclusively, as life's too short, for me, to spend much time with RedSDK.
Although, I do appreciate it has some excellent points.

I could leave the materials off, but I am too lazy to bother!
I use them to visualise movement and assess the rendering quality, when animated.

My main gripe, using an inserted camera, and following a path which is other than straight, is that interpolation between each Key Frame is not as smooth as it might be.
It either means using an inordinate number of key frames, or, putting up with a little bit of judder in the rendered image.
Perhaps I'm being too fussy?  ???

I will post an example of using the mobile camera, illustrating how much smoother it can be, when using the command CameraLookAt.

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017/2018 + Lightworks (64-bit versions).