TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

pdfs
Read 624 times
* January 23, 2018, 12:44:58 PM
I printed a drawing to pdf and saved on my desktop,somehow I deleted the original drawing, can I import the pdf from my desktop and retain all the accuracy of the original or am I out of luck and have to start all over?

* January 23, 2018, 12:53:47 PM
Nope.

You dont say what version you use, but if a never Pro Platinum you will be able to use the PDF Underlay and insert that in to your drawing, scale it up, explode it an have a 2D base of your drawing/ view.

Have you checked is there are a backup of the file, or if you have crashed a ,crsh or autosave .asv

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* January 23, 2018, 01:34:20 PM
Kenn check your backup like Torfinn says, if you havent delete the file from your system it may also be in the trash where you can retreive it.

From the Readme file:

Disaster Recovery
The AutoSave feature is enabled in TurboCAD to save your work every 10 minutes by default, in case of a power failure or system crash. In these events, you can recover the drawing by navigating to your Documents folder, for example:
C:\Users\[username]\My Documents\TurboCAD Professional 2016 x64

Here you will find the Drawings, Backup and Config folders as well as the Autosave folder. In the Autosave folder you may find a file such as:  ~tc0.asv

If there is an .ASV file there with a recent date/time stamp, immediately copy it to a safe place such as your Desktop and then rename it to your drawing name like so: xyzzyRecover.TCW

Daz
TCW V21, 2016-2019 PP, Animation Lab V5, TurboPDF V2-V3 & LightWorks Rendering Engine mostly.