TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Too Slow To Be Usable
Read 813 times
January 10, 2018, 04:59:26 AM
Boy, I wish this issue would go away for good. I am using TC as I write this. Zooming in or out with my mouse scroll wheel takes a full 6 or more seconds for TC to complete the task. What is going on?

Drawing tasks are the same way. Drawing a simple rectangle takes forever....

Dave Sweeney
TurboCAD v19.2 Platinum 64 Bit
TurboCAD Deluxe 2016 64 Bit
Windows 10 Home, 64 Bit
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 860m

* January 10, 2018, 04:03:20 PM
Over the many years and have used the most of the versions ... ive have found that the best way to get TC up to speed is to first have a look at Windows itself.

Update all Drivers
Update Windows
Clean up Windows
Turn OFF Windows "Trust Center" (Constant Administrators questions)
Turn OFF all unnecessary background running processes
Clean up the Registry

Some Antivirus software products are resource hungry ... So change product or turn it OFF

Talk to a Computer Tech and discuss / apply the above.

Basically .. I find that the best way to run TC, is to dedicate the computer to it's use.

Cheers
Mike

« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 04:31:57 PM by Mike90RR »

* January 12, 2018, 03:53:52 AM
Hi Dave,

Also, try changing your Redsdk mode to GDI. Here is the link to the details
https://imsidesign.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/28000007345-turbocad-freezes-slow-performance

January 12, 2018, 10:12:08 AM
Boy, I wish this issue would go away for good. I am using TC as I write this. Zooming in or out with my mouse scroll wheel takes a full 6 or more seconds for TC to complete the task. What is going on?

Drawing tasks are the same way. Drawing a simple rectangle takes forever....

I have had this happen every now and again and I often do this:

This could be a RedSDK update issue and doing this often clears RedSDK and rebuilds the graphics so zooming and navigation improves etc:

1. Turn off (untick) "Caching of Model Space" in Program Setup/Native Draw.
2. Select the Paper Space tab.
3. Then Select Model Space tab and you can often notice RedSDK re-loads and redraws the Model Space clearing out and refreshing the data.

Hopefully you can see TC's performance return..

Daz...
V2017 64-Bit & 32 Bit Platinum Edition
RedSDK Only in 64 bit & 32 bit = RedSDK & Lightworks
TurboCAD user since V3 and Turbocad 3D V1.
OS Windows7 Pro 64bit Lenovo W701 Laptop, 24GB Ram, 2 x 128 SSD harddrives, NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800M Graphics, Intel i7 CPU...

* January 15, 2018, 01:10:42 PM
Try a better CAD program, Fusion 360?

January 15, 2018, 01:23:53 PM
Try a better CAD program, Fusion 360?

Fusion really is targeted at more traditional product design and mechanical design workflows isn't it? ... I think Dave needs Architectural tools ?...

If everyone could not draw a simple rectangle quickly then we all would be looking for alternative software... It's not this poor for everyone so maybe something with his hardware is acting up?

Daz...
V2017 64-Bit & 32 Bit Platinum Edition
RedSDK Only in 64 bit & 32 bit = RedSDK & Lightworks
TurboCAD user since V3 and Turbocad 3D V1.
OS Windows7 Pro 64bit Lenovo W701 Laptop, 24GB Ram, 2 x 128 SSD harddrives, NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800M Graphics, Intel i7 CPU...