TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Better keyboard shortcut management
Read 915 times
* December 20, 2017, 04:13:59 PM
The Customize/Keyboard menu could be significantly improved.

I use as many keyboard shortcuts as possible and took me almost a day to customize the shortcuts to my preferences.  There were also many little issues during that process.

- The "all commands" category doesn't actually list all commands.  It is necessary to go to sub-categories to find some commands.
- Some commands are not listed at all in any of the categories (sorry can't remember which ones)
- Some commands are not possible to change (Number pad ones for instance)

It would be nice if there was a more user friendly way to customize keyboard shortcuts because I find them essential for proper workflow and time efficiency!

Cameron Miller
TurboCAD 2018PP, 2016PP, V20PP
Windows 7 pro

January 09, 2018, 02:54:14 PM
I can't comment on TC's use of shortcuts yet as I just started crating mine.
   I can say that I used them for everything in the last software I worked with. The shortcut keys were saved in a file that I could share with everyone in the office ( and put a copy on that forum that was downloaded hundreds of times) so that we were all on the same page. Created a spread sheet that went with it so that everyone had a copy. It is a great time saver to get to know them. especially for drawings I could put out a pretty detailed d size 1/8 scale assembly drawing in no time using them.
 Could also create Macro's by recording key strokes and assigning short cut keys to them also that was a great time saver too.

Don Pillow
TurboCad Platinum Pro 2016, 2017, BobCad 30-4 Axis, ArtCam, AutoDesk Fusion and Inventor,  Affinity Designer, VariCad 2017, Sketchup 2017, Rhinoceros V5
HMSAdviser  and Predator CNC Editor
+ a lot of Photo Editing and Astronomy Software
www.dp-designs.biz

* January 26, 2018, 01:04:40 AM
Overall, the ability to set keyboard shortcut is fairly robust.  It's a decent effort, but it could use some work.

The UI to do it is basic and very time consuming... once you take the time to get it customized it's nice, but man does it take some time!  It would be nice if they made the process more user-friendly... seems like the framework is mostly all there, so it wouldn't take that long.

Haven't needed macros yet, but i should set one up just to tab through the inspector bar to get to "delta Z" or damn "Rot Z" with getting finger cramps!

Would be nice to have more KBS on the palette menus (or a list of current ones so I don't have to do trial and error) and possibly the ability to customize them!

Cameron Miller
TurboCAD 2018PP, 2016PP, V20PP
Windows 7 pro