TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Incorrect dimensions on drawings
Read 515 times
January 08, 2018, 09:25:34 AM
I have 30+ years in computer drafting./engineering and proficient it 5-3d modeling programs. I purchased Turbocad Pro Platinum and it has been the most frustrating software that I have ever used. Right down to not being able to input simple mathematical formulas  when placing objects, lines,circles etc. Every other software I have use has been able to do this. I am constantly going back and forth to the calculator to place objects and it is very time consuming.

Now to my problem. The attached file has a pretty simple part and drawing. I have it set to english. The basic size of 6x7x1 is correctly dimensioned even though when I initially dimension like the 6" it displays as 5.42 while dragging then switches to 6 when placed.
The center of the large circle is 3" from the side and 5.25" from the bottom
. The 3" dimension is correct but no matter what I do the vertical dimension is 4.74"!!!!! Same with the bolt pattern. it is actually 2.408 x 2.408 but dimensions 2.170"    This is crazy. The large circle correct if I was dimension in metric, while dragging it is in English and as soon as I place it to changes to metric.
 Anyone want to take a stab at this??

Don Pillow
TurboCad Platinum Pro 2016, 2017, BobCad 30-4 Axis, ArtCam, AutoDesk Fusion and Inventor,  Affinity Designer, VariCad 2017, Sketchup 2017, Rhinoceros V5
HMSAdviser  and Predator CNC Editor
+ a lot of Photo Editing and Astronomy Software
www.dp-designs.biz

* January 08, 2018, 10:12:06 AM
Increasing the Dimension "Precision" from 2 to 6 may help.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

January 08, 2018, 10:56:44 AM
Thanks. That did not help with all diameters or radius dimensions changing to metric. When I click on them it is in English but when I place them, they change to metric?? It has a linear scale of 25.4 in the units when I click on properties of radial dimensions and does not let me change it.

Don Pillow
TurboCad Platinum Pro 2016, 2017, BobCad 30-4 Axis, ArtCam, AutoDesk Fusion and Inventor,  Affinity Designer, VariCad 2017, Sketchup 2017, Rhinoceros V5
www.dp-designs.biz

January 08, 2018, 11:55:23 AM
I did notice that my ortho dimensions were off because I put center lines in the drawing instead of the model and used them for dimensions. The drawing did not come in a 1:1 scale. I have for the past 20 yrs with ptc added the center lines by clicking on the radius or diameter and it auto appears. The dimensions are correct now except the holes, which still appear as metric and the properties show a multiplier of 25.4 which I still cant change??

Ill get it. I have all my custom drones designed in my previous software and am now wanting to re draw in TurboCad.

Don Pillow
www.dp-designs.biz

* January 08, 2018, 12:02:20 PM
I saw that "metric" change when attempting to dimension in Paperspace and I don't know why it is happening.

I copied everything in Modelspace to a New from Scratch drawing, recreated the Paperspace Viewports and it dimensioned properly in that drawing; no metric.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit