TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Bug in forum software?
Read 922 times
* January 07, 2018, 06:20:02 PM
Hi - new TC user just starting to post in the forums. This problem has happened twice today.
Using Chrome v63.0.3239.84 on Win10/64bit.

Your Captcha and "I'm not a robot" mechanism is losing posts.

1. I choose the specific forum in which I want to post something.
2. I type out my post, type in the verification characters at the Captcha and verification question and then hit either Post or Preview.
3. An additional form appears asking me to check the "I'm not a robot" checkbox. I do so.
4. The next screen that appears is a blank "Start new topic" or "Reply to topic" form - the text I typed in step 2 above has been lost.

If I Click Back in Chrome, I do get back to my post and then if I re-type the Captcha characters and verification question my post succeeds. But ... it's irritating.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug?

Thanks.

* January 07, 2018, 06:38:09 PM
Hi - new TC user just starting to post in the forums. This problem has happened twice today.
Using Chrome v63.0.3239.84 on Win10/64bit.

Your Captcha and "I'm not a robot" mechanism is losing posts.

1. I choose the specific forum in which I want to post something.
2. I type out my post, type in the verification characters at the Captcha and verification question and then hit either Post or Preview.
3. An additional form appears asking me to check the "I'm not a robot" checkbox. I do so.
4. The next screen that appears is a blank "Start new topic" or "Reply to topic" form - the text I typed in step 2 above has been lost.

If I Click Back in Chrome, I do get back to my post and then if I re-type the Captcha characters and verification question my post succeeds. But ... it's irritating.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug?

Thanks.

Bug.

I think a few months ago IMSI-Design went under new management.  There's been a lot of changes.  This new webhost-- or whatever is called-- is one of them.
I assume "they" are also responsible for losing access to what once was a very useful and informative User-created TurboCAD Wiki site.

We are all experiencing the frustrating, irritating, issue you describe.

Other Forum members know more about this subject.

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* January 08, 2018, 12:29:01 AM
Hey KarlPerry welcome.

Weve all experienced this in some form or other. Best tip until its resolved is to copy your post to the windows clipboard prior to posting that way you dont loose out if the captcha messes up. If it posts ok then all good otherwise just paste into the forum post area.

Thanks Daz
TCW V21, 2016 & 2017 PP, Animation Lab V5, Graficalc, TCMap, TurboPDF V2-V3 & Lightworks mostly
Windows 10 Home ed. i7 @ 3400Ghz, 16GB, Nvidia 960GTX 4GB ram, 2TB HD, 500GB SSD & 128GB SSD

Good better best
Never let it rest
Until your good is better
And your better is best

* January 08, 2018, 05:38:52 AM
Try clearing the cookies and cached images, files.

* January 08, 2018, 08:02:58 AM
Thanks all for your replies.

I work in software marketing myself and "they're under new management" concerns me. Have you seen any indications of financial instability? In your opinion should I be concerned that I just bought software whose company is going away?

TC seems to be the only real low-cost competition to AutoDesk. I would hate to see them disappear ...

* January 08, 2018, 01:39:44 PM
Cant remember who posted there under new management, most likely referring to someone moving on.

TurboCAD is a muture product that is easy to use and is well supported with some brilliant people in development.

The knowledge and experience in the forum is nothing but 1st class, and fwiw I designed models in TurboCAD that are now in production in china/taiwan.

2 years ago I knew nothing about CAD but I was lucky as I came from an engineering background, now I can draw almost anything with the tcw toolkit. Your in good company here!

Thanks Daz
TCW V21, 2016 & 2017 PP, Animation Lab V5, Graficalc, TCMap, TurboPDF V2-V3 & Lightworks mostly
Windows 10 Home ed. i7 @ 3400Ghz, 16GB, Nvidia 960GTX 4GB ram, 2TB HD, 500GB SSD & 128GB SSD

Good better best
Never let it rest
Until your good is better
And your better is best

January 10, 2018, 12:21:38 AM
I work in software marketing myself and "they're under new management" concerns me. Have you seen any indications of financial instability? In your opinion should I be concerned that I just bought software whose company is going away?

What I have noticed is that a whole new software quality division has appeared, with responsive members posting here in the Forum several times per week.  Also, the programmers are showing up much more often (but more in the sections available only to Beta Testers).  Also only for Beta Testers is an increase in the rate that test versions of next year's software is being posted.

Looks to me like more money has been made available to the company rather than less.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1