Hi Alvin - thanks for trying. I downloaded it myself and of course it worked ...
I'm attaching six images:
1. After I have created two boxes, put TC into Select mode but haven't selected anything yet.
2. I clicked on the right-hand box. Notice it is the same color as before - I would have expected it to turn magenta as I selected it. Not turning magenta is not intuitive - I don't know which object I selected.
3. I chose "Edit Reference Point" and the box finally turned magenta. I've also noticed that if I click the box again (after the initial selection) it turns magenta then as well.
4. I am moving the box to be adjacent to the box on the left. The box is still magenta in its original position but black as I move it.
5. I've clicked again once the right box is adjacent and it simply disappears, leaving the magenta box in the original position. At this point I think the move operation has failed ...
6. ... but if I press Esc, the magenta box disappears from the original position and the black box reappears at the moved position.
I hope this makes sense and that you can provide some suggestions. Thanks again.