TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Drawing Shifts to 45 Degree Angle Accidentally
Read 418 times
* January 05, 2018, 06:03:09 AM
This is kind of an embarrassing problem. In mid-afternoon, if I'm tired enough, I tend to nod off to sleep. I know, take more Energy Shots or drink some more coffee, which I do. But that doesn't solve the problem on occasions that I have nodded off, my fingers were still hovering over the keyboard.
When I awake some seconds later I noticed that the entire drawing (usually some kind of floor plan) is, all of a sudden it seems, now at an approximate 45-degree angle. I can't Undo the action either. It is stuck at that angle, as far as I can figure. The only way out of it so far is to close the drawing and lose any current changes, to get the floor plan back proper on a 90-degree angle.
Any ideas on what keys I could accidentally be hitting to do that? How can I put the floor plan back to 90-degrees without closing the drawing out and losing my changes?
I have also had a problem with the old TC program and the current one (TC 2017 Pro Platinum), not automatically saving work. I have to constantly perform hard saves which is a pain. If the auto-save worked like it should, my nodding off problem wouldn't be near a problem. Too bad I can't re-boot myself to avoid a mid-afternoon nap too....

* January 05, 2018, 06:21:37 AM
Maybe you just have scewed the view, try go to "Plan view" and see if it help, NB! be sure the workplane is set correct first ;)

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* January 05, 2018, 07:31:42 AM
On my copy of TC 2017 Pro Platinum holding down the Shift Key and then hitting any arrow key rotates the image 22.5 degrees.  The orientation of the drawing is restored by selecting the appropriate view from View/3D Views (also available by right clicking on the workspace).  If this is the key combination you are hitting, Undo will not return you to the previous orientation.

Falling asleep at the desk can be a sign of sleep apnea.  I do not even play a doctor on TV, but I hope you will check it out.  I have known several people who "dozed off" in the afternoons and were later diagnosed.  The fix is simple and provides a rather dramatic increase in energy.

Wayne

* January 08, 2018, 05:54:52 AM
Thanks for the suggestions on fixing my skewing of the drawing accidentally. And regarding the potential for sleep apnea, I have long considered that I might have that as I snore loudly. I think I will take your advice on checking that out finally too. Thanks All !!

* January 08, 2018, 08:10:42 PM
If this happens often you might want to change the middle button. (I swapped dynamic examine and dynamic pan.)

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks