TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

TurboCAD Pro 20 all lines and dimensions only 90, 180 angle?
Read 613 times
January 04, 2018, 03:04:52 PM
Hi,
Suddenly I cannot draw any lines or dimensions on a angle - they only go at 90 or 180 degrees? I know it has something to do with ortho mode - maybe - but I can't see where to change that that works!
Also, when I type in something I can then only move it up and down as opposed to moving it wherever I want to.
What have I done or changed?
Thank you for any help.
Deborah

Deborah Danniels-French

* January 04, 2018, 03:14:41 PM
Ortho lock's the little explosion-like icon in the snaps bar.  Alternatively you've typed x or y and it's locked the coordinates bottom right of the screen....

* January 04, 2018, 06:53:06 PM
Hello Deborah.  If Murray's advice didn't help (which it should), can you please provide a screen-capture of your full TurboCAD window when you are experiencing this issue.  -Alvin

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

January 04, 2018, 06:55:06 PM
Thank you - that helped. Mine looks a little different but it still helped me find the culprit - thank you so much! Don't know how I hit that - but things happen. And I HATE snap!! How it works - always confuses me. One day perhaps I'll larn.
Thanks again,
Deborah

Deborah Danniels-French

January 04, 2018, 07:00:59 PM
Hi Alvin,
Thank you for your comments. Murray's advise did help - but why does my screen (see attached) and drop down snaps look so different? I always find it confusing!
Apologies - this is a cheat of a drawing for this job - overlaying a file from architect!
Thank you,
Deborah

Deborah Danniels-French

* January 04, 2018, 07:10:10 PM
Deborah, I use the TurboCAD Classic user interface, (click on the top button, "style and themes" for the list of choices, in customize|options) because I find it easier to see things than with the newer, dark UI.   Or I'm more familiar with it, with the same result.  I clipped the image from the tools palette, not the menus.   
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 08:16:28 PM by murray dickinson »

* January 04, 2018, 08:00:20 PM
Thank you - that helped. Mine looks a little different but it still helped me find the culprit - thank you so much! Don't know how I hit that - but things happen. And I HATE snap!! How it works - always confuses me. One day perhaps I'll larn.
Thanks again,
Deborah

RE:  "I HATE snap!!"

I don't know how anyone can accurately draw/model anything in any CAD program without the use of Snaps.  Be it SEKE Snaps, Local Snaps, or Running Snaps, to draw things to where they are precisely correct-- in relation to other things-- requires Snaps.

Snaps (and Layers) were probably the first, most fundamental, things I learned when first learning CAD-- TurboCAD-- some 17 years ago.

-Alvin

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

January 29, 2018, 12:04:18 PM
Hi Alvin, very late response! You are probably quite right about snaps. Having been trained on the old school drafting board and then self taught with CAD my brain can only take in so much! And there is SO much to learn! However, I will endeavor to try and learn how to use snaps properly!
Thanks,
Deborah

Deborah Danniels-French