TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

2d fillet
Read 132 times
* January 03, 2018, 01:44:36 PM
Easy I hear you say.
But every now and again I cannot get a fillet to work. I've tried placing all the lines onto the work plane ,joining poly line redrawing everything.
Any ideas thanks

* January 03, 2018, 02:03:09 PM
Upload/ Attach a drawing that give you problem as described and someone will give you some idea's about whats wrong.

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* January 03, 2018, 02:28:19 PM
thanks Torfinn

i have attached the drawing and marked arrows where i am trying to fillet

* January 03, 2018, 04:27:26 PM
Easy I hear you say.
But every now and again I cannot get a fillet to work. I've tried placing all the lines onto the work plane ,joining poly line redrawing everything.
Any ideas thanks

There's something wrong with the Bezier that forms the top of the outline. I replaced it with a circular arc and 2D Fillet worked fine then.

Henry H

* January 03, 2018, 07:20:10 PM
Easy I hear you say.
Any ideas thanks

Turbocad trips over its own feet sometimes.  ;D i'd call it a bug or a loose wire
I think it's a workplane issue. I keep trying to catch the bug that decides to flip objects at will, it's not that easy.
If you copy then paste the three beziers into paperspace the fillet works.
If you select all three beziers then select "plane by world" then select "place on workplane" the fillet works.
Sometimes I draw complicated 2d drawings in paperspace, just for peace of mind  ;D

I forgot to mention, if you mirror copy 2D objects in 3d selector mode the mirrored copy will be on a different workplane. You'll see this if you're in 2d selctor mode and you select the original then select the copy , you'll get a workplane warning.
It's best to be in 2d selector mode when mirror copy 2d objects.
How confusing is that, Why doesn't Turbocad issue the warning when performing the mirror copy. Turbo doesn't tell us after the mirror copy either,only when we select the 2d object in 2d selector mode then we know that the mirror copy was placed on a different workplane.   ???
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 08:15:34 PM by Dean »

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2016-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21(Best working version,IMHO) Using Lightworks for reliability/stability and testing redsdk, Anilab lab 5, Renditioner Pro V3. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100

* January 03, 2018, 10:26:48 PM
I did try to place all that section on to a work plane it's a pity you couldn't select which workplane. I also tried redrawing each section but I did use the existing curves as a pattern, so I suppose that would end up on the same workplane as the original. Is there a way to tell how many workplaces there are or does it tell you in the inspector. Thank you all.

January 04, 2018, 04:13:39 AM
I did try to place all that section on to a work plane it's a pity you couldn't select which workplane.

If you are in 2D mode, there will be only one Workplane. 

If in 3D mode, you can select Workplane by (take your choice, but make sure that the auto Workplane by Facet is not active) and work from there.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1