TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Text and arrow size in drawings keeps changing
Read 570 times
* January 02, 2018, 12:30:16 PM
Hi,

Happy and Prosperous New Year to everyone.

I have a problem with the size of dimensions of the text and arrows in my drawing views.

I seem to remember (in some release notes) fleetingly seeing someting about text size adapting to something.or the other.

For some reason when I now dimension a drawing I am getting a variety of text sizes for my dimensions (even though in the Format manager they still say 4mm for arrows and 12pt for text)..

I have tried changing the font and arrow sizes in the Properties -> Format -> Arrowheads and Text boxes but they still come out various sizes on the drawings.

How can I set the dimensions so that all formatting is the same for every dimension (I cannot remember this being a problem before in TC)?

I have just noticed that the Dimension Size Scale changes from 1.0 to 1.555598 for some dimensions and not for others - most confusing.  Hopefully there is a simple answer please.

Kind regards

Martin

PS apologies if this has been answere dbefore, but I could not find a solution.
M

MS Win10 Pro, i7-3770K processor, Nvidia GeForce GTX, 500GB SSD, 2T HD, 16GB RAM (32GB Virtual). Gigabyte Mobo.  TC since 3.5" floppy days.  Now 2018 Platinum although still use Ver 11 for beam tool (not compatible with Ver18, or version 21).   Cannot get TurboCadCam ver 3.0 to work on Win 10 machin

* January 02, 2018, 12:56:37 PM
Go to "Options / Advanced Preferences", then down to "Intelligent Scale". Uncheck any/all of those options. That's the usual cure for this problem in TurboCAD 2017.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled, except in 2018
Windows 10, 64-bit

* January 02, 2018, 01:00:25 PM
Many thanks John R,

That works, I remember seeing somethings about this some time ago.  I always like to be in control of what goes onto my drawings so cannot see the immediate advantage of this feature.

Kind regards
Martin

MS Win10 Pro, i7-3770K processor, Nvidia GeForce GTX, 500GB SSD, 2T HD, 16GB RAM (32GB Virtual). Gigabyte Mobo.  TC since 3.5" floppy days.  Now 2018 Platinum although still use Ver 11 for beam tool (not compatible with Ver18, or version 21).   Cannot get TurboCadCam ver 3.0 to work on Win 10 machin