TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Lighting and Rendering in TC 2015?
Read 463 times
* January 02, 2018, 12:04:39 PM
I have been playing around with lighting and rendering today.  I obviously do not understand a lot of the terminology presented in the dialog boxes when you pull up materials, and lighting.  How in the world do you get a simple sphere, to look like the representation in the materials Pallette?  The material in the palette, looks awesome.  My sphere?  Not so much?  kind of cartoony?  Attached is the sphere that I am fiddling with.  I am trying to learn this, because I am trying to draw a barndominium for me and my wife.  We are going to start the build, but not before the design.  I want to be able to color and render it to see what it will look like in the real world.  I will attach that drawing too.  Don't poke fun, I'm not an expert by now means.  LOL  Oh, and any design ideas on the new house would be appreciated as well!

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 
Newbie, but Getting There.

* January 02, 2018, 12:44:38 PM
The sphere.tcw is emty, but house was ok, so open that and insert a sphere, adjusted  property on it and add material ( Brick )
There was double set of ligth in the drawing so i deleted 1 set before draft render as in attached.

Design looks good so far, but not to easy to say as it is in an early stage, it will be more easy to see later when the wall/ window etc is on

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* January 02, 2018, 01:17:44 PM
Why is yours so much smoother than mine?  I don't see fascets on your camper?  But, I do on mine?  I tried to mimic your sphere, locked up!  LOL.  Oh well, going to have to try and sort that out now.

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 

* January 02, 2018, 01:27:07 PM
And, is there an easy way to find the lights within the drawing?  I seem to have to try and box select until I happen upon them?  Got to be a way to make them stay visible? 

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 

* January 02, 2018, 02:53:43 PM
Guess you have Rendable and hidden line checked in property, and smoothnes is showed in the pic, up from default 14 to 90 ( max ), and also have checked the smooth options.
Take longer time to render then, so find a Balance for working and change to max for the final render.

If you are in wireframe, turn the ligth visible ( open the "eye" ) they will show up when you zoom out or zoom extense.

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB