TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Screen resolution & tcw display
Read 707 times
* January 02, 2018, 11:58:04 AM
I have had to reinstall Windows 10 With Nvidia GeForce GPU on my Microsoft Surface Book which I use when I need to draw away from home, with a native screen resolution of 3000 x 2000 (any other setting does not use the full screen area) with 250% size of text, & apps set.

On the previous installation of tcw v 21 I had settings which enabled me to clearly read all the icons and texts on the screen, but having reinstalled tcw and as far as I know with all the same options I cannot get the icons etc to a readable size (see attached file). I’ve set the button size to max but can’t find any other setting in tcw which affects the icon sizes, which makes it unusable, but I know its possible! Can anyone advise please? Sheila

* January 02, 2018, 02:51:14 PM
Sheila,  could it not have been some windows app that was magnifying your view,  in TCv21,  24 was the max icon size,  in 2015 they changed it to 64, and in 2016 they added extra support for resizing inspection bar icons.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 03:10:16 PM by Andy H »

* January 03, 2018, 03:13:01 AM
Andy, Thank you for your reply. I am not aware of any other Windows app that affected the resolution.
Currently  I have tcw version 21.2 Build 59 so maybe from your information on versions this needs updating. I have been trying to do this but the autoupdate does not work, nor can I access updates from the support pages (which I can't get to open but this may be due to a bad signal though I'm not having this problem with other sites).
Please can you direct me to a link that would enable updating?  I'm attaching files to show how unusable the program has become with reinstallation.
Thanks again, Sheila

* January 03, 2018, 03:51:21 AM
Yep , that does look bad,   the latest v21 is build 71, (the 2015 and 2016 are new TC versions) it is available as a full download from the updates page, obviously you need your existing serial number when installing, I just tried downloading it and it seems fine (its over 965 MB),  BUT it may not cure your problem.

## EDIT ##  just checked the read-me file for v21 build 71 and its dated August 2016, doesn't say anything about screen resolution, but worth giving the full install a try, in case they have sorted it, ## End Edi t##

A couple of posts prior to build 71 being released are -

For the 'cut off, inspectin bar fields, there is this post where in v21 (deluse) where the only solution found was to change the inspection bar to classic, (options menu - Desktop),  the post is here

Another post (same person has comments from IMSI staff and is here, in there darrel posted a link to a possible fix,   BUT I don't have a high definition monitor so have not seen your problem first hand, and thus never needed to try any solutions.

good luck.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 04:47:54 AM by Andy H »

* January 03, 2018, 01:47:08 PM
Andy,
Thank you for your help. I have been to the threads you list, but there seems no answer but to upgrade.
Although previously I have been able to use  version  21 Pro Platinum with my high definition screen I cannot replicate the installation. I have tried talking to Nvidia re the GeForce GPU, but they could not help but referred me to the manufacturer of the laptop which is Microsoft, so round in circles. Thanks again, Sheila

* January 03, 2018, 03:12:47 PM
Sorry you stilll have the problem, If you do think about upgrading obviously give the trial version a go first to make sure it works as expected.

You mentioned been to the threads, could I please ask, in case anyone else posts a similar problem, did installing the full build 71 make no difference at all.

Andy

January 03, 2018, 03:49:44 PM
Does this help page help with your problem.... changing the OS size options?

https://www.wikihow.com/Change-Font-Size-on-a-Computer

Daz...
V2017 64-Bit & 32 Bit Platinum Edition
RedSDK Only in 64 bit & 32 bit = RedSDK & Lightworks
TurboCAD user since V3 and Turbocad 3D V1.
OS Windows7 Pro 64bit Lenovo W701 Laptop, 24GB Ram, 2 x 128 SSD harddrives, NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800M Graphics, Intel i7 CPU...

* January 03, 2018, 09:24:40 PM
Andy,
The Build version made no difference, there are no additional settings to adjust.
Darrel,
The  font size affects the desktop and other programs but doesn't change the icons etc in turbocad.
Sheila