TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

pdf2cad v.11 problems
Read 684 times
* January 01, 2018, 05:55:53 PM
Good Evening to All,
  I may very likely be digging up a problem that has been covered previously. But... here goes.
 I am attempting to transfer a pdf 2d image into Turbocad ver. 2016 deluxe, with the trial copy of pdf2cad ver. 11. I tried this several weeks ago without success. I have not been able to get a file into TC that is in fact a real cad file. If there is an explanation already on here,please feel free to point the finger in that direction. What I hope to accomplish is taking some dimensions from the screen image, in comparison to actual stated dimensions, and establish a scale to quote a couple parts. Is there a better product on the market?
With best regards,
Chip Burns

* January 01, 2018, 07:09:46 PM
Not sure it is available in your version, but the Underlay tool allows one to insert/import a .pdf. Search the Help file for "Underlay." Be warned that the procedure is ridiculously cumbersome. Better to convert the .pdf to .jpg if you can.

Henry H

* January 02, 2018, 02:25:45 AM
You can convert your PDF file to DWG format using the pdf2cad v11.

I am not sure what specific issue you are having with the conversion, please explain a little on your issue. Also, share your PDF file.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 04:25:31 AM by Tayyaba Ashraf »

* January 02, 2018, 08:51:54 PM
Is the pdf file a vector pdf?

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks