TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

straight on view other than the stock views
Read 616 times
* December 31, 2017, 09:29:49 AM
I am trying to get a straight on view other than the plan, top bottom right left front back etc. The view I would like would be a straight on elevation from a 45% angle. I need this for things like 3d slicing etc. I have been searching the forums and help files but can find nothing on this.
Thanks,

-John
using TC Pro Platinum 2017

* December 31, 2017, 09:54:16 AM
What I do is - use the workplane by 3 points tool to set a workplane where I want it and orientated how I want, then use the view - camera - plan - by workplane or delending on ones TC workaspace configuration, it may be view -3D views - plan - by workplane.

(actually I have a custom toolbar with it on as I use it often).

* December 31, 2017, 02:48:31 PM
Another way to achieve those 45° "Elevation" views:

>Go to the Standard Front View
>Open Camera Properties by right-clicking on one of the visual-style teacups or by some other means
>Change the "Position" and "Target Point" field values to achieve the 45° "elevation" view you want

______
Example:
   For a SE 45° "elevation" view-
      The Position X value we could use 1, the Position Y value we could use -1
      The Target Point Values we enter 0 for both X and Y
> The actual numbers don't matter, just as long as the same numbers are used for each the X and Y.  It's the positive or negative that puts the Camera in position.
> The Z Position and Z Target Point values  (number and positive/negative) needs to stay the same as each other.  The actual number doesn't matter.
> Up Vector should stay/be X=0;Y=0;Z=1.  That's what makes it an "elevation" view.

______
I tried to illustrate it in the attachments below.
-Alvin
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 02:57:40 PM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* December 31, 2017, 03:52:00 PM
If you're using 32-bit TC, the very old .dll I've attached can be put in Program Files (x86)/IMSIDesign/TCYourVersion/Program/Draggers, I've added .txt so it can be posted, rename by taking .txt off so it's a straight .dll.  Then bring up the toolbar dialogue box and you should find UCSViews available, selecting it brings up a toolbar like the standard views toolbar except that the faces are red instead of blue.  When you've assigned a workplane by any method, the UCS views toolbar gives you standard-style access to the orthogonal and isometric views associated to that workplane.  The .dll is so erratic in 64-bit TC that it's effectively useless, but it's great in 32-bit.  IMSI should develop a 64-bit version themselves, it was a user contribution ten or fifteen years ago when 32-bit was all there was.   I use classic TC UI because I find it more easily readable, the little pic is of the toolbar in that UI.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 10:40:15 AM by murray dickinson »

* December 31, 2017, 03:59:52 PM
Reminder:  Once you get the view(s) you want, it'd be a good idea to set a New Named View.  So can quickly and easily get back to that view when needed.

In the attached V19DL TurboCAD file, I created Named Views corresponding to the 45° "elevation" views.  I created some corresponding New Named Workplanes, as well-- for the heck of it.

After getting the view orientation as we want it, we still might want to zoom in and zoom out as needed to work with the model.

When playing around with my file, it will make more sense with the Hidden Line, Draft, or Quality Renders active.

Click on the different Named Views in Design Director or Views Palette.

-Alvin

(Man... I've been dinking a lot with TurboCAD over my Holiday "vacation")
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 04:14:18 PM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* January 01, 2018, 07:35:16 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions, this helps greatly.

-John
using TC Pro Platinum 2017