TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

TurboCAD 2017 bug
Read 992 times
* December 27, 2017, 10:06:26 AM
In TurboCAD 2017 the leader tool will not allow for text justification.  It is fixed as left justified.  The options for other justifications such as right justified are grayed out and not selectable. Also when mirror copying, it does not mirror the text justification; the copy is left justified no matter what.  This was not an issue in in previous versions.  I use the leader tool all the time, and when the leader is pointing to the right, the text needs to be right justified. Please repair this bug.

Thanks,
Gregg
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 08:43:24 AM by greggvizza »

* December 31, 2017, 03:42:20 PM
Do you mean Version 18, Gregg? And which edition are you using -- Deluxe, Pro, or what?

Henry H

* February 17, 2018, 08:49:52 AM
Sorry I posted in haste out of frustration.  It is TurbCAD Pro Platinum 2017 Build 62.2.

I have been a daily TurboCAD user since 1997 and this is the first version with the Leader text justification issue.

Hope they fix it, my drawings are looking less orderly.

Thanks,

Gregg

* February 26, 2018, 08:50:41 AM
More info:
In the attached file the top image is what it looks like in TurboCAD 2017.  Notice that the text for the left leader is not right justified.
The bottom image when it is saved as a DWG and opened in AutoDesk TrueView.  Notice that it is now right justified, however, the leader line is on the left of the text; not a good look.

This is a clue to how the bug functions and should make for an easy fix.

Thanks

Gregg Vizza
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 12:33:52 PM by greggvizza »

* March 07, 2018, 07:46:28 AM
Is anyone else having this problem with the Leader in TC 2017 or is it just my installation? If it is just me then I may try uninstalling and re-installing.

Thanks,
Gregg

* March 07, 2018, 09:04:10 AM
Is anyone else having this problem with the Leader in TC 2017 or is it just my installation? If it is just me then I may try uninstalling and re-installing.

Thanks,
Gregg

I can replicate your problem, Gregg. In my installation, the other kinds of justification are not grayed out, but they don't work.

Henry H

* March 07, 2018, 09:12:48 AM
Thanks for the feedback. At least now I know that it is something that I cannot fix myself.

Gregg