TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Any problems buying TC pro from the UK?
Read 1176 times
* December 25, 2017, 10:04:49 AM
I live in the US and am looking for a cheaper version of TC Pro so am looking at an earlier 2016 version. The only seller I can find on eBay is in the UK. Would that be a different version than one bought in the US? Would I run into problems being it from the UK?
skeeter

* December 25, 2017, 11:13:31 AM
I would believe it is the same product, but i dont know for sure.
Problem, maybe support, at least we practise that, buy'd elsewhere, well, get support elsewhere then, if needed ;)

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* December 25, 2017, 11:18:49 AM
I live in the US and am looking for a cheaper version of TC Pro so am looking at an earlier 2016 version. The only seller I can find on eBay is in the UK. Would that be a different version than one bought in the US? Would I run into problems being it from the UK?
skeeter

The version we get in the UK is exactly the same as in America complete with American spell checker, I had a quick look, and the person does not appear to be an official TurboCAD re-seller, so the main problem would be if it didn't work for some reason, you would then have to post it back to the UK for a refund, and you would have to make absolutely sure you get the serial number with it or it would be useless.

I don't use ebay so I've not idea what the general standard of sellers is, i.e. whether most are good, or whether most are bad. 

* December 25, 2017, 11:24:34 AM
skeeter

See the link: http://www.cadandgraphics.com/turbocad2016.html
Have you checked them out?

DonCW

2017 Platinum
Light Works Plug in
Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

December 26, 2017, 04:16:38 AM
skeeter
Hi,

I think, at the price advertised on eBay, it's worth taking a chance.
    eBay will refund, should you have a problem.
    You may have to take into consideration import duty and taxes at your end?
    But, you would still save and be getting yourself a bargain.

In the past, I have purchased in the UK, but latterly choose electronic downloads from the US.
    I have not found any problems with either.

Regards Tim
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 04:23:34 AM by Tim Stewart »

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017 + Lightworks (64-bit versions).

* December 29, 2017, 06:36:40 PM
Well, I went ahead and bought it. It was a download but it came with the serial number and activation code and works fine. So I think I got a good deal for only $$$ bucks. Now I can really start my long journey the learning TurboCad.

skeeter

price deleted by moderator
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 01:04:26 AM by Andy H »

* February 02, 2018, 10:11:50 AM
I'm using v16 Pro, and saw the 2016 Pro Platinum on eBay as described.  Just want to make sure all is still working well one month later.

February 02, 2018, 10:48:56 AM
I recently bought my version of TC 2016 Pro from a U.K. eBay seller who was not, to my knowledge, an authorised reseller and the item breached eBay's digital delivery rules given that he only provided a serial number and activation code, but they worked no problem.

Doug

* February 13, 2018, 03:57:09 PM
I can't say if it would give you problems but the main dealer or wholesaler for UK sales appears to be Avenquest (a French company?).

My copy was from a retailer trading as "PaultheCAD" [co.uk], but I think he acts as an instructor and consultant now, not software seller. I bought it, with TurboCAD's own training CD, from his stand at a model-engineering exhibition.

Nigel.

On TC Deluxe 19: hobby use.