TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Somethings are wrong with my Turbocad
Read 1066 times
* December 23, 2017, 10:09:22 AM
Hi,

I'm new to Turbocad,

I purchased Turbocad Pro 2015 few months ago and recently I upgraded it to Professional 2017.

Whenever I inserted images, they always come to foreground and block everything.
(this was main reason I upgraded the Turbocad but it still remained as a problem)

another issue is drawing(2d or 3d), it doesn't show anything until I click finish.
for example, if I draw a pentagon by using poly-line, current poly-line drawing is not shown on the screen, and poly-line already drawn also don't appear until I click finish button.

it's so annoying, all lines or 3d box suddenly pup-up when i click finish...

Please, help me

Regards

* December 23, 2017, 10:46:31 AM
If you're drawing a polyline with an assigned thickness try drawing in an ISO view.

Drawing in plan view might not display the PLine with thickness as it is being drawn,

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2016-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21(Best working version,IMHO) Using Lightworks for reliability/stability and testing redsdk, Anilab lab 5, Renditioner Pro V3. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100

* December 23, 2017, 11:24:40 AM
...Whenever I inserted images, they always come to foreground and block everything.

Hello.  Regarding the inserted images thing:

After having inserted an Image, we can select it and change its "Draw Order", via the "Send to Back" command.  Then it will appear in the view behind everything previously drawn and newly drawn (assuming all the Layers' Layer_Order value is set to the default 0).

Create a New Layer, specifically to assign inserted Images onto.  Name that Layer something like "Images".
In the Layers Palette/Layer_Order column, give that Layer Order a value of 0.
    Give all the other Layers a higher Layer Order value; a value of 1 will suffice*, but in a complex drawing, varying values might serve you well.

*Tip:  If you have a lot of Layers, you can utilize the universal Windows method of holding down the CTRL or SHIFT keys to make multiple Layers selection at once, then enter something like 1 in that Layer_Order column/cell for just one Layer (but not the "Images" Layer), and that 1 value will be assigned to all the selected Layers.

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* December 23, 2017, 12:07:04 PM
Example TurboCAD Drawing file attached, illustrating what I was suggesting in my just-previous Post-- using Layer_Order.

The Image is Embedded in the Drawing file; but sometimes that doesn't stay embedded.  Hopefully it did so for this post/attachment.

-Alvin
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 12:10:46 PM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* January 02, 2018, 08:55:31 AM
I have the same problem the line and the poly line will not display untill I hit the enter key. This only happens on my laptop on my desk top it works fine I'm at a loss about whats going on . I did make a lot of changes to tool bar use and locations but I don't know why that would afect it or where to start to fix it. I'm using the architectural temp. so where do I start to getting it to work  I am also a new user so I guess I nead some hand holding. 
My laptop is a HP spectre 360 with a intel I7 15" with 16 meg and a 500gig ssd tubrocad 2017 pro platinum with lightworks
Kibo
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 11:24:08 AM by kibo »

January 03, 2018, 01:29:15 AM
I have the same problem the line and the poly line will not display untill I hit the enter key. This only happens on my laptop on my desk top it works fine...

Do you know if you modified your settings and updated or created a new Template?

If so, you may have changed the default for the Line and Polyline tools.  Does the same problem happen with Circle, Arc or any of the other tools?

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* January 03, 2018, 08:53:29 PM
I was able to get my program working again by going to options then to native draw and turning off redsdk and turning on GDI  I now have line traces showing before hitting the enter key. I think I need a driver for redsdk which I was unable to find for my nvidia geforce 940mx video card even though I get a message that my video card is supported and turbocad promps me to enable redsdk  If anybody has a better alternative please help.
Kibo

* January 04, 2018, 12:10:04 PM
Just a follow up I contacted IMSI and opened a ticket They were at a loss to explain what was going on in redsdk mode I can display 3d iso drawings and render them and rotate them  the only thing that I can not do is see the ghost lines,  polylines, or circles also I do not see the select  field to erase an object. Its a pain in the ass to try to draw something and not be able to see where you are at untill you enter the return key and I don't think that only using GDI mode is an acceptable answer
Kibo

* January 09, 2018, 08:24:15 PM
Here is an update I talk to IMSI again today for about an hour and we went over all settings I also uninstalled turbocad and then             re- installed it for a fresh start . I still cannot get any line traces when drawing circles ploylines or anything else until I hit the enter key. It also does not show the select window when you are deleting a object. All of these actions work but you have no indication of where you are at untill you finish by entering. This only happens in redsk mode if I change to GDI everthing works but you cannot do 3D rendering in GDI. This all happens on my laptop a Spectre 360 I7 with a nvidia 940mx graphic card and all current drivers. I also have a desktop running Turbocad 2017 platinum with no problems. I would hope there is a simple answer but I been unable to find it and IMSI is also lost for a answer. Has anybody else seen this before and what did you do.
Kibo

* January 09, 2018, 09:31:48 PM
Kibo, see if this YouTube video is of any help.

TurboCAD Performance Tip

John R.

V17—V21, 2015, 2016, 2017
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* January 09, 2018, 10:56:49 PM
John that is what my problem looks like execpt that in native draw I show the nvidia card. I did turn off the intel proccesser and it made no differance. I do not think it's the nvidia card because when I do draw a 3D box or any complex drawings in iso I can rotated them and move them all over the screen smoothly also when I select an object it visibly moves with the cursor. The program works great execpt for this one hangup.
Kibo

* January 10, 2018, 08:49:51 AM
I happened to come across that video the other week and thought it might help, but I guess not. :'(

John R.

V17—V21, 2015, 2016, 2017
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

January 10, 2018, 09:09:59 AM
Here is an update I talk to IMSI again today for about an hour and we went over all settings I also uninstalled turbocad and then             re- installed it for a fresh start . I still cannot get any line traces when drawing circles ploylines or anything else until I hit the enter key. It also does not show the select window when you are deleting a object. All of these actions work but you have no indication of where you are at untill you finish by entering. This only happens in redsk mode if I change to GDI everthing works but you cannot do 3D rendering in GDI. This all happens on my laptop a Spectre 360 I7 with a nvidia 940mx graphic card and all current drivers. I also have a desktop running Turbocad 2017 platinum with no problems. I would hope there is a simple answer but I been unable to find it and IMSI is also lost for a answer. Has anybody else seen this before and what did you do.
Kibo
Hi,

I'm a little confused, as to why you think you cannot render 3D using GDI mode.  ???

Your « Reply #4 on: 02 January 2018, 16:55:31 »  indicates that you have LightWorks.
    So, why not use it?

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017 + Lightworks (64-bit versions).

* January 10, 2018, 05:39:19 PM
Tim I probably overstated the problems with using GDI  the point I was making was in GDI mode you are not getting the full range of TubroCad potential as you would in Redsdk. The real issue is why TurboCad was responding the way it was and what the fix could be.
Now for the good news I have found the problem and can recommend a fix and a warning to other users  on how to avoid having something like this happening to them. This is a driver issue and is caused by downloading the latest driver from Nvidia. With a laptop you should only use drivers from the OEM HP in my case as they are tailored for there product and can be several releases behind Nvidia but they are tested on their product and you will have a better chance for them to be problem free. This was the recommendation that I received from Nvidia today and is directed to laptops.
What we did today was uninstall all Nvidia drivers and the control panel then went to the HP website and downloaded there driver for this model laptop a Spectre 360 and did a clean install. I rebooted the program and TurboCad now works perfect as you would expect in Redsdk .
This might be a obvious solution to some but I can say that I spent over 2 hours with TurboCad support and they had no idea what was going on and I then spent over an hour with Nvidia support to get to this answer so I hope it helps others.
Kibo

January 11, 2018, 02:19:03 AM

Good news, indeed - glad to hear TurboCAD is back to 'normal'.  8)

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017 + Lightworks (64-bit versions).