TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Key Frames Editor broken
Read 640 times
December 18, 2017, 08:07:20 AM
Playing with Animationlab, I find that the key frames editor is not working as it should.
See the following link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZP__DqVYk4&t=5s

Would someone please confirm this?
Thanks.

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017/2018 + Lightworks (64-bit versions).

* December 18, 2017, 01:14:55 PM
Tim understand what your doing but what is anilab not doing correctly?

Thanks Daz
TCW V21, 2016 & 2017 PP, Animation Lab V5, Graficalc, TCMap, TurboPDF V2-V3 & Lightworks mostly
Windows 10 Home ed. i7 @ 3400Ghz, 16GB, Nvidia 960GTX 4GB ram, 2TB HD, 500GB SSD & 128GB SSD

Good better best
Never let it rest
Until your good is better
And your better is best

* December 18, 2017, 01:49:28 PM
Tim. 

I don't usually use the key frame play buttons, but for me its doing what I'd expect, there is no key frame in position '0' so AL has no reference recorded there for any of the objects, I guess it would be ideal for the button to go to the first key frame of the selection,  but as I say not something I usually use so don't know if it used to do it.

December 19, 2017, 04:04:09 AM
Hi guys,

thanks for looking.

The animation play buttons, in the Key Frames Editor, gives the user/s a choice to move backwards and forwards, one frame at a time for the chosen/highlighted actor/s, and, the choice to fast forward to the last frame, or fast backwards/rewind to the first frame, regardless.

On each occasion, the actors in model space should move in accordance with the highlighted position shown in the Key Frames Editor when in play mode.

This all works fine, for me, except when choosing Rewind To Start.
This shows actor/s returning to the first frame in the Key Frames Editor but does not move the actor/s back to the start position in model space.
Only winding back one frame-at-a-time works, as I tried to show in the above YouTube video.

I should add, that Rewind To Start does work, for those chosen actor/s having a key frame at the start frame.
To my mind, Model Space should mirror positions shown in the Key Frames Editor when in play mode, whether going forwards to the end, or backwards to the first frame..

Having managed for many years without noticing this, perhaps it's too late to get it changed?
Is it better left alone?

Regards Tim

« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 04:09:53 AM by Tim Stewart »

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017/2018 + Lightworks (64-bit versions).