TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

File Opening Issues
Read 64 times
* December 07, 2017, 07:51:07 AM
I have TurboCAD Deluxe 2017 64-bit.  When I go to a website to download a block, or if I receive an email from someone with a file, I'm unable to open it by double-clicking, or right clicking and choosing open.  My only option for opening is to temporarily save the file on my desktop, and open the file through TurboCAD by going to File Open, and then selecting the file.  It's not a big deal, but it would be a huge time saver if I could figure out how to be able to open the file more simply. 
This occurs regardless of whether I have TurboCAD already open on my computer or not.
Also, when I do double click, I get a message that asks "Do you want TurboCAD to be able to make changes to your computer".  I've tried yes and no, but neither option results in me actually being able to open the file.  Thanks

* December 09, 2017, 03:22:28 PM
, when I do double click, I get a message that asks "Do you want TurboCAD to be able to make changes to your computer".  I've tried yes and no, but neither option results in me actually being able to open the file.

This is not the fault of TCad ... it is a Windows setup issue.
Windows sets up firewalls / accounts and all sorts of show-stoppers.
Basically .. somewhere with in the settings of Windows, is a "Trust" slider bar. Might be in Windows Security settings.
Find it and Slide it to the Left ... (Turn it OFF)

If your not computer savy >>>> Employ a Computer Tech,  and set up your computer as THE ADMINISTRATOR.
Get rid of restricted Guests features.
Turn OFF all windows features that intercept your programs, as this is why you keep getting this >>> I get a message that asks "Do you want >program name< to be able to make changes to your computer".
That message indicates that windows is restricting access ... and generally causes more grief (Program issues / crashes).

To sum up ...
Update your computer to the latest OS of your version of Windows.
Update all Drivers.
Get rid of the firewalls and features of windows that keep asking you "Are you sure you want to do this"

Ask a Computer Tech .... They should know what to do.

Cheers
Mike