TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Worse with 2017?
Read 166 times
December 05, 2017, 09:38:29 AM
    Whilst upgrading to TurboCAD 2017, is probably a good bet, Animation Lab appears to be neglected and is not being updated, in step with the new TurboCAD versions.

In TurboCAD 2016, it is possible to use the morphing tool to animate between 2-D spline profiles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_gjNwZrZoA

However, in TurboCAD 2017, using the exact same file, the animation fails.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJKLtQPV7Hc

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017 + Lightworks (64-bit versions).

* December 05, 2017, 02:23:22 PM
I agree, I asked a previous question that got no replies so I will try again.

Is/are Anilab updates ( and other plug ins ) recompiled when a new tcw updates are posted?

My point is are those plugins updated or not when a new tcw udate is posted?

Thanks Daz ( Darryl )
Using TCW 2015, 2016 & 2017 Platinum, Animation Lab V5, Graficalc, Lightworks mostly
Windows 10 Home ed. i7 @ 3300Ghz, 16GB, Nvidia 960GTX 4GB ram, 2TB HD, 500GB SSD & 128GB SSD

Good better best
Never let it rest
Until your good is better
And your better is best

* December 06, 2017, 01:02:51 PM

Is/are Anilab updates ( and other plug ins ) recompiled when a new tcw updates are posted?
My point is are those plugins updated or not when a new tcw udate is posted?

Only the programmers can answer that really, but going off experience - it depends,  if there is a fix - like the TC MAP plug-in was faulty a while ago and repaired with the latest update,  however under normal circumstances, the only thing that will get updated is the installer to make it work with the latest TC build,   In AL's case it means putting 3 .dll files into TC, I think only one is actually needed to make AL palette work.

In the past there used to be a delay between TC being released and an updated AL (a month or so), but manually moving a .dll from an older TC into the new one.  got AL working in the meantime, looking at the AL folder, nothing is from 2017, most are 2012 or 2014.

* December 06, 2017, 01:19:24 PM
Of topic, but TC Map is not correct, it still is about double size in x and y, Z is correct i believe.

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* December 06, 2017, 01:27:28 PM
Of topic, but TC Map is not correct, it still is about double size in x and y, Z is correct i believe.

Torfinn

To be honest Torfinn I hadn't looked at that bit,   I was more concerned that I couldn't navigate the TCMap display properly because the navigation was missing, and the 'map' part didn't work at all (only worked in satellite mode)

Ah well, at least they repaired part of it

* December 06, 2017, 01:27:42 PM
Animation Lab appears to be neglected and is not being updated, in step with the new TurboCAD versions.

In TurboCAD 2016, it is possible to use the morphing tool to animate between 2-D spline profiles.

yep, it does that in 2017.

I've sent a query to support asking for a 'workaround' but I don't expect any joy, as I don't think this is an AL problem, but the way TC isn't updating properly, there are also problems with materials and luminance not updating properly - though there is a 'workaround' for those two, the only thing I can think of for Morphing and nodes, would be to access the SDK and turn rendering off and back on again, maybe that will redraw the display, but been too busy to try that up to now.   

December 06, 2017, 01:58:13 PM

After my reporting of this and other problems, with using AL, both Khadija Phool and Bob Mayer answered promptly, and positively to the concerns raised.
    To quote the latter "We will look further into these and hopefully be able to release an update shortly which addresses them."

So, we will have to wait and see.

The more interest that is shown in the product, by pointing out clearly and politely issues as they occur, it might just produce some improvements. Fingers crossed.

Regards Tim

Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017 + Lightworks (64-bit versions).

* December 06, 2017, 10:52:58 PM
Tim thats promising they are going to look into AL, for me this morning Ive had 4 crashes with tcw & al. Whats more concernng is that Im absolutely confused as to wether Im now using the correct version of any plug in with tcw. Why you might ask, well Ive had some good results today and are getting closer with the animations, but at the same time Ive discovered more bugs that are weird and the results on screen are unexplainable at the moment. I will try to update al.

Point is the highlited AnimationLab 64-bit is whats reported in Windows Install, just below is what Ive downloaded earlier in the year hence, why I asked do you need to keep udating the plug ins with each update of tcw. If as Andy says only the programmers know then we need to clarify this as it maybe the explanation as to why Im getting unusual screen results. So I will update AL from the updates page and see how that goes.

Finally if the highlited AnimationLab 64-bit is the only installed version, will that work with 2016 & 2017 or was it designed for XXXX only?

Thanks Daz ( Darryl )
Using TCW 2015, 2016 & 2017 Platinum, Animation Lab V5, Graficalc, Lightworks mostly
Windows 10 Home ed. i7 @ 3300Ghz, 16GB, Nvidia 960GTX 4GB ram, 2TB HD, 500GB SSD & 128GB SSD

Good better best
Never let it rest
And your better is best

December 07, 2017, 02:25:37 AM
Tim thats promising they are going to look into AL, for me this morning Ive had 4 crashes with tcw & al. Whats more concernng is that Im absolutely confused as to wether Im now using the correct version of any plug in with tcw. Why you might ask, well Ive had some good results today and are getting closer with the animations, but at the same time Ive discovered more bugs that are weird and the results on screen are unexplainable at the moment. I will try to update al.

Point is the highlited AnimationLab 64-bit is whats reported in Windows Install, just below is what Ive downloaded earlier in the year hence, why I asked do you need to keep udating the plug ins with each update of tcw. If as Andy says only the programmers know then we need to clarify this as it maybe the explanation as to why Im getting unusual screen results. So I will update AL from the updates page and see how that goes.

Finally if the highlited AnimationLab 64-bit is the only installed version, will that work with 2016 & 2017 or was it designed for XXXX only?

Aussies 2 Poms 0  ::)

Daz,

accepted wisdom is to remove AnimationLab when installing an updated version of TurboCAD and install the latest "updated" version of AnimationLab if/when it becomes available.
    Otherwise, AnimationLab will remain, only working with previous versions.

Thus, if you have done this successfully, and choose AL's start options, you will see all the versions that should work with this plug-in.

I hope this helps.

Regards Tim

December 07, 2017, 02:55:28 AM
Animation Lab appears to be neglected and is not being updated, in step with the new TurboCAD versions.

yep, it does that in 2017.

I've sent a query to support asking for a 'workaround' but I don't expect any joy, as I don't think this is an AL problem, but the way TC isn't updating properly, there are also problems with materials and luminance not updating properly - though there is a 'workaround' for those two, the only thing I can think of for Morphing and nodes, would be to access the SDK and turn rendering off and back on again, maybe that will redraw the display, but been too busy to try that up to now.

Andy,

yes, it appears, at first sight, that TurboCAD versions are the cause of the latest problems.
    However, it is also possible, that AL needs tweaking.
    Without access/knowledge of the code, we can only guess.

If they fix/improve matters, we'll be happy bunnies.  If not, we're not.

Regards Tim

* December 07, 2017, 03:45:50 AM
Darryl - I'm probably in a different situation than most, as I don't use TC's Auto update feature,  it always messes up my system, so I wait for the full version download and re-install TC and with it I re-install AL, so I'm always running whatever versions of TC and AL are posted on the forum update page.

If they fix/improve matters, we'll be happy bunnies.  If not, we're not.

Totally agree Tim, 

* December 07, 2017, 01:47:45 PM
Okay so some of my problems with AL appear to be with my design and structure on how I went about the animation process, hey Im not perfect and Im still learning how to use it correctly. That said my point regarding versions is still relevant in that if its not posted what update matches what plugin then we can collectively waste time poring over problems that are easily solved by publishing version information for the end users.

Tim thanks for those images, didnt know that you could use startup options!

Andy I dont use the auto update feature!

Thanks Daz ( Darryl )

Good better best
Never let it rest
And your better is best

* December 07, 2017, 03:15:42 PM
Andy & Tim with your robust knowledge in AnimationLab can suggest that you become beta testers?

Thanks Daz ( Darryl )

Good better best
Never let it rest
And your better is best

* December 08, 2017, 10:02:19 AM
    Whilst upgrading to TurboCAD 2017, is probably a good bet, Animation Lab appears to be neglected and is not being updated, in step with the new TurboCAD versions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_gjNwZrZoA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJKLtQPV7Hc

Regards Tim

Confirm
Good catch, Tim
It's always "worse" when things that previously worked just fine, now don't.  ;D
Hopefully it's just a minor tweak.

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2016-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21(Best working version,IMHO) Using Lightworks for reliability/stability and testing redsdk, Anilab lab 5, Renditioner Pro V3. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100

December 08, 2017, 12:20:42 PM
Dean,

aye, we all live in hope!  ;D

Regards Tim