TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Really Small Icons
Read 789 times
* November 27, 2017, 03:25:18 PM
All,

I've been suffering with really small icons in the toolbars with TCad ever since I started using high DPI monitors. I was talking with a engineer at Microsoft about this and they asked if I had set the system to override the application for High DPI screens. I you right click on the Tcad icon, and go to properties, under the "compatibility" tab select "Override high DPI scaling behavior, scaling performed by:" and set the  System (Ehanced) as having control. This will apply the system scaling to the application (and in my case does a 2x on all of the pixels) which means that I don't get the benefit of a high dpi screen but at least it is usable for now. I expect this will continue to work until IMSI gets scaling done in the UI toolkit for the application.

--Chuck

* February 11, 2018, 04:15:51 PM
That's a handy hint !

Is there any way to invoke higher resolution toolbar icons so they don't pixelate to fuzz when enlarged ? Getting back into TC after a decade out, I've tried the old solutions, but they don't seem to work with my displays...

( 3 @ 1600 x 900 'landscape', plus tcw23.PDF on 'loan' 1280x1024 via DVI switch-box. TC lives on two wide-screens split '1+4' TWL. )