TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Deluxe 2015 Locks up randomly
Read 2386 times
* November 23, 2017, 08:36:51 AM
My TC 2015 locks up randomly.  It looks like it starts gobbling up ram, then locks up.  It also slows everything else down on my pc, when this happens.  The monitor says its using 80% plus of my ram when it does this?  That's a lot!  I think?  I have 16 gb of ram.  And a highspeed graphics dealy whoper?  Any ideas.  I had Geeksquad look at it yesterday, they did update one of my video drivers.  But, its still doing it.  here are the Pops up that appeared?

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 
Newbie, but Getting There.

* November 23, 2017, 08:38:10 AM
Here is the ram monitor on my computer

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 

November 28, 2017, 05:34:03 PM
I use Platinum, but I recall something similar happening with 2015.  I recall that the problem did not re-occur after I upgraded to 2016.

I also recall that I could alleviate (if not completely eliminate) the problem by selecting all, then copying & pasting to a new drawing.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* November 28, 2017, 08:27:26 PM
Like Jeff says, crashes did occur for me too. But I persisted and eventually got it right. Selectively copy from your problem drawing into a new drawing portions/parts of ya drawing. Save regurlarly and be patient with copy and paste.

Then get back to us.

Thanks Daz
TCW V21, 2016 & 2017 PP, Animation Lab V5, Graficalc, TCMap, TurboPDF V2-V3 & Lightworks mostly
Windows 10 Home ed. i7 @ 3400Ghz, 16GB, Nvidia 960GTX 4GB ram, 2TB HD, 500GB SSD & 128GB SSD

Good better best
Never let it rest
Until your good is better
And your better is best

* January 01, 2018, 10:19:56 AM
anyone experiencing problems with the newest version of Deluxe?  I might upgrade.  Not ready for platinum yet, but I may get the latest version of Deluxe, if its more stable.

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 

* January 02, 2018, 03:09:54 AM
Huntxtrm,

I would suggest you go for the upgrade, as v2017 is more stable version then the v2015.

Refer to the link below to the details on TurboCAD Deluxe 2017
https://www.turbocad.com/turbocad-windows/turbocad-deluxe-2017.html

* January 02, 2018, 11:32:49 AM
Anybody else with that opinion? 

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 

* January 02, 2018, 11:53:20 AM
Anybody else with that opinion?

That "out of memory" warning usually happens in 32 bit.
Are you using 32 bit Deluxe?
If you are try installing 64 bit Deluxe.

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2018-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21.Using Lightworks and Redsdk, Anilab lab 5. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100

* January 02, 2018, 11:56:50 AM
I have 64 bit deluxe.  I generated a report on the latest lockup.  Is there a way to post it on here?

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 

* January 02, 2018, 12:08:01 PM
What operation did you perform to bring up the warning?
Can you post the drawing?

Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2018-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21.Using Lightworks and Redsdk, Anilab lab 5. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100

* January 02, 2018, 12:32:17 PM
I walked away from the drawing for a break, came back, it was locked up.  had a warning "unhandled exception"  If I remember right.  It generated a crash report.  It on my desktop.  it wont open for me?  Maybe it sent it to IMSI?  I don't know.  The drawing is attached.  I also noticed that some how, it doubled all my parts up.  So, if you click on one sheetmetal roof panel, now there are 2 in the same position to choose from?  Used to be one? 
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 12:37:03 PM by Huntxtrm »

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 

* January 02, 2018, 02:12:15 PM
Try starting with the revised attached drawing >
after you open the drawing hit Ctrl+alt+D
that's a redsdk draft render.
Do you have the 2015 Lightworks plugin or are you working in Redsdk mode?

Did the house drawing originate in Deluxe? I say that because I got a warning when opening the drawing  ;D
I removed all the materials.

no problems working with the sphere or house drawing in Deluxe 2015.
The house drawing was acting bit slow at first.  ;D

« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 02:14:53 PM by Dean »

January 02, 2018, 02:15:48 PM
One thing I found fascinating was that Sphere.tcw opened in TurboCAD in Quality Rendering display mode instead of Wireframe display mode (which has been the case for every file I've opened in TurboCAD... forever).

Jeff

System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* January 02, 2018, 02:22:10 PM

Did the house drawing originate in Deluxe? I say that because I got a warning when opening the drawing  ;D

I am using TC 2015 Deluxe.  thinking hard on upgrading to Deluxe 2017.  One person said its less skitzy.  That might be the problem.   I do not have light works.  I am just using SDK.  And, just learning to use it.  That is why I am still playing around with Deluxe.  I don't want to drop the big money until I'm comfortable.  I am just a novice so far.  Everything I have learned, you guys taught me.  lol. 

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 

* January 02, 2018, 02:26:14 PM

I don't know what you did to my drawing, but that was cool!  LOL  it seemed to work fine.  zoom factor is way out.  But other than that, awesome.  I see you got rid of the camper?  Do you think that was the problem?

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 

January 02, 2018, 02:42:37 PM
I walked away from the drawing for a break, came back, it was locked up.  had a warning "unhandled exception"  If I remember right.  It generated a crash report.  It on my desktop.  it wont open for me?  Maybe it sent it to IMSI?  I don't know.  The drawing is attached.  I also noticed that some how, it doubled all my parts up.  So, if you click on one sheetmetal roof panel, now there are 2 in the same position to choose from?  Used to be one?

You did something that, while possible, is not the usual way we do things in TurboCAD.  The Polylines that you converted into the (what looks to be) fiberglass roofing was done by applying a value in the 3D / Thickness setting under the Properties popup.

Normally, when we convert a 2D outline to a 3D object, we use Simple Extrude (different commands are used when using two 2D outlines to create a 3D object).

I rarely use the Thickness function, so I honestly don't know if it will cause the type of problems you are seeing, but it was recommended that I avoid it for what I was trying to do when I was getting used to the software lo, those many years ago.

Jeff

* January 02, 2018, 02:50:03 PM
So, if I understand correctly.  I should draw the poly line.  Then just use simple extrude to make the panel?  I didnt realize I could extrude an open polyline?  I didnt try it honestly, I just didnt think you could..  Is there a lot more data involved one way over the other?  I wonder.  Thanks either way.  I will give that a try.  Sounds easier anyway.

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 

* January 02, 2018, 02:59:57 PM

I don't know what you did to my drawing, but that was cool!  LOL  it seemed to work fine.  zoom factor is way out.  But other than that, awesome.  I see you got rid of the camper?  Do you think that was the problem?

If the drawing is working ok that should at least rule out any display adapter (video driver) or computer issues.
I just cleaned up the drawing a bit.  ;D
There are limits working with these programs,2015 worked just fine.
I get a lot done on my under qualified rig  ;D  working with Deluxe  or Platinum.

"So, if I understand correctly.  I should draw the poly line.  Then just use simple extrude to make the panel?  I didnt realize I could extrude an open polyline?  I didnt try it honestly, I just didnt think you could..  Is there a lot more data involved one way over the other?  I wonder.  Thanks either way.  I will give that a try.  Sounds easier anyway."

I never had any issues using thickness, i do use it often.
any questions about that post an example.

January 02, 2018, 03:01:17 PM
Not a lot more data in the structure, but Extruding an open 2D object made with a Polyline will result in a Surface no matter which version of TurboCAD you are using. 

Using a Circle, Rectangle or a Closed Polygon as the base for a Simple Extrude can result in an ACIS Solid if you are using TurboCAD Platinum (and it's set to use ACIS Solids), but will always create a Surface in Deluxe or Expert because they don't work with ACIS Solids.

Jeff

* January 03, 2018, 06:48:13 AM

If the drawing is working ok that should at least rule out any display adapter (video driver) or computer issues.
I just cleaned up the drawing a bit.  ;D
There are limits working with these programs,2015 worked just fine.
I get a lot done on my under qualified rig  ;D  working with Deluxe  or Platinum.

"So, if I understand correctly.  I should draw the poly line.  Then just use simple extrude to make the panel?  I didnt realize I could extrude an open polyline?  I didnt try it honestly, I just didnt think you could..  Is there a lot more data involved one way over the other?  I wonder.  Thanks either way.  I will give that a try.  Sounds easier anyway."

I never had any issues using thickness, i do use it often.
any questions about that post an example.

What do you mean by "Cleaned up the Drawing"  Is there something I should be doing while drawing to keep it clean?  I guess I don't understand?  Am I leaving a lot of irrelevant stuff within the drawing?  Is there something I should be doing, so the drawing would not need cleaning up?

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 

* January 03, 2018, 07:51:51 AM
"What do you mean by "Cleaned up the Drawing"  Is there something I should be doing while drawing to keep it clean?  I guess I don't understand?  Am I leaving a lot of irrelevant stuff within the drawing?  Is there something I should be doing, so the drawing would not need cleaning up?"

Is the drawing working ok for you now?

I don't remember exactly what I did  ;D (maybe I'll re-visit it) but I do remember you had to many lights. Eight lights is the limit but TC will add more.
I also noticed you had double roof panels,that didn't seem to be doing anything so I removed all the duplicates.
I also seem to remember you had many blocks and paper spaces but I left those un-touched.