TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Turbo Cad Training
Read 4072 times
* November 29, 2013, 08:18:40 AM
I am a new Turbo Cad user. I have some experience with Pytha, and some with Sketch Up. Since purchasing Turbo Cab V 20 Pro for myself and my Project Manager, I realize that I am over my head and am in need of training. Does any one know of a solution other than online? My preference would be in person training. I work in Las Vegas in the Trade Show industry.

* December 05, 2013, 07:18:48 AM
I am looking for the same thing. Training in person in a classroom atmosphere. Specifically related to 3D modeling....

December 05, 2013, 07:40:31 AM
The only in-class training I am aware of when it comes to TurboCAD is in the UK where Paul Tracey (UK TurboCAD reseller) offers it once in a while and in Norway where Kai Sannes has a classroom for such a thing.

Your only real options in North America is to find someone local who will spend time with you (one on one) or purchase tutorials or support on-line.

Personally, I'd love to have a classroom to teach TurboCAD from, but I live in a small center and think that the market would be too small to warrant setting up something.

* December 05, 2013, 08:06:08 AM
Has anyone given thought to creating and conducting some type of on-line platform, webinar type of training?

Microsoft Windows' "Remote Access" is kind of my inspiration here.  But I'm thinking-- if IMSI or some other entity-- would like to host one or more on-line installations of TurboCAD that users can pay to access, and certain expert-level users can hold interactive webinars with.  These instructors, of course, would be compensated for their knowledge, time, and effort.

IMSI would benefit because not only would that be a selling-feature for the program, it would help to retain Users that give up and quit using TurboCAD (and quit purchasing the upgrades, IMSI's only way of making money and staying in business-- for us).

I've also been thinking the past several weeks that it would be a useful thing-- for the same reasons as above-- to have this/these on-line TurboCAD installations for us Forum users to use to communicate with each other, both with communicating issues, and with communicating how to resolve the issues... as well as just basic use, Tips & Tricks, etc.  Something more interactive than the videos that Rip generously posts.

I don't play video-games, but-- from watching The Big Bang Theory ;)-- I see that this on-line, interactive, communication is possible and beneficial, and can exist in a secure environment.

-Alvin

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

December 05, 2013, 10:29:36 AM
Has anyone given thought to creating and conducting some type of on-line platform, webinar type of training?

I am pretty sure IMSI/Design already offers WebEx style training/support.

I offered online WebEx style training for a while but it was not popular at all so I discontinued offering after a year or two.

But remember, the initial posts asked for classroom help - not on-line help.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 10:31:23 AM by Don Cheke »

December 05, 2013, 08:55:47 PM
Sounds like a way to get some TSA hands on time Don, how many students and what price per student would it take to get a class? How many days would it take to get from basics to 3D? What would the logistics be for the equipment? Could students bring laptops and can they get TC to allow them to install on the laptop for the class?
I surfed around and found zero Turbocad, a few AutoCad live classes.

TurboCad V12~V201x Platinum Pro Edition + CAM Plug-In +  Surface Modeling + Survey Coordinates RedSDK
Production: W10 Pro V 1809 OSB 17763.165 I7 12GB NVIDIA Quadro
TC2019 Test Machine Dual Xeon 16GB W10 Pro V 1809 OSB 17763.165 Nvidia Quadro 416.78

* December 06, 2013, 10:15:32 AM
To the new folks, DON'T BE INTIMIDATED BY TURBOCAD!

I had never used a CAD program before TC. I found the user interface was highly intuitive. Sometimes it's hard to find the right button but the basic operation of TC makes complete sense.

I found that between playing and getting help on this board that I could get up and running very quickly.

Now I am spoiled. Every time I try another CAD program I am overwhelmed by the complexity. How could TC get it so right when everyone else is getting it so wrong?

* December 07, 2013, 11:53:10 AM
"Now I am spoiled. Every time I try another CAD program I am overwhelmed by the complexity. How could TC get it so right when everyone else is getting it so wrong?"

I agree, whenever I venture over to sketchup, I find it frustrating and more difficult than it needs to be.  Lots of other people rave about it, and many people can do some amazing things with it, but having learned CAD with just TCAD, I guess I too am spoiled.

Deluxe 16.2
Pro Platinum 18.2
Running on HP HDX laptop w/win7 Home Intel Duo Core, 2.53GHz 4GB RAM, 64Bit OS

* November 20, 2017, 02:43:57 PM
November 20, 2017
I just got off the phone with Robert Berry. He is the TurboCAD Guru.
I suggested that he hold a classroom course on TurboCAD Pro Platinum, etc.
If you are interested, call him and let him know.
His number is 707.634.7753 x 705
or his email is rberry@imsidesign.com
I am new to CAD and told him that I would fly from PA to California to take a week long course.
If anyone else is interested, contact him. He never did it before but said he is interested is he got enough students.
Happy Thanksgiving.

* November 23, 2017, 09:25:55 AM
I want to see how this goes.  I am really interested in Tc, I have held off buying the higher versions, because I have not mastered deluxe yet.  I dont want to buy something, that i do not know how to use, or I have to teach myself to use.  I have done pretty good so far with the forum.  By the way,thanks to you all.  But a good hands on, with an instructor, setting up the user interface, and a walkthrough the options and tools, with explaination would be awesome. 

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 
Newbie, but Getting There.

* November 23, 2017, 11:50:38 AM
I did a 2 hr. training with Robert Berry. It was a disaster. It seems they are more interested in collecting a training than really working with you.

Gary in Tucson :(

* November 23, 2017, 12:25:29 PM
Ive spent more than 18 months learning TurboCAD and while that may seem a long time ( Im slow ) for me it has paid off big time.  If your new and are genuine about learning then imho I suggest learning the 2D funtions and tools 1st. 2D drawing is the basis for learning the interface and how it all hangs together, Don Cheke tutorials helped me so much and you wont go wrong there.  Search the the web for Kevin Doucette tutorials ( theyre PDFs ) now theyre excellent overall tutorials. Search also for Turbocad Mechanical v15 (  I think ) tutorial.

Personally Turbocad offers more at a lower price than its competitors and there is no compromise in the features set, in most cases the tools sets and functionality is superior. Finally the experience and knowledge in this forum is 1st class and you will always find someone willing to help.

Daz
TCW V21, 2016-2018 PP, Animation Lab V5, TurboPDF V2-V3 & LightWorks Rendering Engine mostly.

* November 23, 2017, 01:51:07 PM
Also try:
Mastering Lighting in Turbocad v11 by Kevin Doucette
Mastering TurboCAD v20 Deluxe & Pro by Kevin Doucette
TurboCAD Mechanical. Version 15. Getting Started Guide ( simple to follow and useful 1st steps )

Daz
TCW V21, 2016-2018 PP, Animation Lab V5, TurboPDF V2-V3 & LightWorks Rendering Engine mostly.

* November 24, 2017, 01:29:36 PM
Kphool your welcome and thank you.

Daz