TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

RedSDK revolve spline requires fix
Read 714 times
* November 22, 2017, 05:52:41 PM
I would like the correct figures to be displayed in the inspection bar when rotating a compound profile spline/line,  which in my opinion has been faulty since v2015.

Given that with RedSDK, one has to use form building edges, and with that one has to use degenerative faceting or you soon ends up with just a big blob on the screen when there are plenty of curved faces, when revolving a polyline / arcs, the correct dimensions are displayed in the inspection bar,   however if the polyline is traced with a spline, and revolved the incorrect sizes are reported in the inspection bar,   this should not happen.

I accept there are ways round it but it simply should not happen in the first place, it should always display the correct size irrespective of any settings. (turning off degenerative faceting shows the correct size),   in the attached file (drawn in v2015 which is the same in v2016 / v2017  the right hand spline revolve object dimensions should be very close to the revolved polyline, but its no where near (at least not for me). 

* November 22, 2017, 06:09:31 PM
You've found yet another reason not to use Degenerative Faceting.

Henry H