TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Trouble painting a part?
Read 434 times
* November 19, 2017, 10:45:01 AM
Ok, I know this is something easy.  But, I cant figure it out.  I want to make my part yellow.  I cant find yellow in any of the material renders.  Is there a way to just paint a normal color?  All I see in materials are colors that I have no idea what they look like until I apply them.  Have yet to see yellow.  Attached is the part I want to paint. 

TuboCad Deluxe 2015. 
Newbie, but Getting There.

* November 19, 2017, 11:36:00 AM
Set the pencolor to your like and the object will get that color when rendered if you dont apply a material to it.

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* November 19, 2017, 01:45:23 PM
Thank you.  I will give that a try.

TuboCad Deluxe 2015. 

* November 19, 2017, 03:01:07 PM
Another way to go:

Edit a simple TurboCAD provided Material.  Something like one within the "Paint" Category or "Plastic" Category.  This is in reference to Lightworks Materials, but I assume RedSDK has similar(?)

I know next to nothing about editing Materials-- there can be so many settings to understand or guess at.  But I can at least very easily create a new Material that starts with an existing Material, and change its color to Yellow.  That's pretty simple and easy.

I know there's some added benefit to doing it that way, instead of just using the pen color to render, but someone(s) that know more about rendering would have to remind us as to what the benefits are.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 03:07:43 PM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* November 19, 2017, 10:54:16 PM
I've got 60+ TurboCAD colors set up as Matte and Glass materials; plus they're available in either LightWorks or RedSDK.

Unzip the file to the Materials folder (%AppData%\IMSIDesign\TurboCAD 2015\Deluxe x64\Materials).
Use "Options / Materials / Load Materials…" to load the MAT file into your materials.
They'll show up as a "TurboCAD Color" category.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015, 2016, 2017
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* November 20, 2017, 05:37:36 AM
I've got 60+ TurboCAD colors set up as Matte and Glass materials; plus they're available in either LightWorks or RedSDK.

Unzip the file to the Materials folder (%AppData%\IMSIDesign\TurboCAD 2015\Deluxe x64\Materials).
Use "Options / Materials / Load Materials…" to load the MAT file into your materials.

Hello John.  Will the Materials you provided work retro-versionly?

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* November 20, 2017, 07:57:07 AM

Probably not, because of the RedSDK material settings. Try this one from V19 Deluxe; straight LightWorks.

John R.

RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* November 21, 2017, 08:54:07 AM

Ok.  I am doing something wrong.  its not taking it for some reason?  Getting this message?  Attached screenshot

TuboCad Deluxe 2015. 

* November 21, 2017, 09:36:05 AM
I'm not sure why it won't unzip. It works okay on my end on a different machine.

Here's the file unzipped. Once downloaded, strip off the ".TXT" extension and move "TurboCAD Color-Deluxe.mat" to the "Materials" folder.

Hope this works.

John R.

RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

November 21, 2017, 10:03:21 AM

Ok.  I am doing something wrong.  its not taking it for some reason?  Getting this message?  Attached screenshot

The path may not be the same on your PC.
    Try the Browse ... option to positively locate your Materials folder.

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017 + Lightworks (64-bit versions).

* November 21, 2017, 03:15:35 PM
I still cant figure out how to get those in there.  But, you all have me foolin around with the materials in there now.  lol.  I read one of you say something about editing them?  That's cool.  I would still like to figure out how to get those that you supplied in there.  I would also like to know how to create a set?  So, I don't have to sort through all that I don't ever need, to find the materials that I use most?  Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

TuboCad Deluxe 2015. 

* November 21, 2017, 07:21:51 PM

Probably not, because of the RedSDK material settings. Try this one from V19 Deluxe; straight LightWorks.

Thanks for sharing those John.  I got the .mat file to Load and work in V20PP.

These colors, along with a decent Shadowcatcher, should come in handy for some quick renderings.

-Alvin

Alvin Gregorio

* November 21, 2017, 11:24:45 PM
I still cant figure out how to get those in there.  But, you all have me foolin around with the materials in there now.  lol.  I read one of you say something about editing them?  That's cool.  I would still like to figure out how to get those that you supplied in there.  I would also like to know how to create a set?  So, I don't have to sort through all that I don't ever need, to find the materials that I use most?  Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Go to "Options / Materials / Load Materials".
Browse for the "TurboCAD Color-Deluxe.mat" file.
If you don't want everything in the file, uncheck the "Select All" option.
Then expand the three categories (+ sign) and checkmark the materials you do want.
Once you've made your selections, click on the "Open" button to load the materials into the "Propin.dat" file.
You should now have a "TurboCAD Colors" category in the Materials palette with 3 sub-categories (depending on what was checked).

As for editing, see the LightWorks Help file. Deluxe does not contain a link in the Help menu like Platinum, but it can be found in the Program Files (if running 64-bit).
C:\Program Files\IMSIDesign\TCW2015\Smdata\english_uk "LightWorksTCHelp.chm".
Look for "LightWorks Editor", which is "LightWorks Manager in your version. It gives you a basic rundown on the Editor/Manager. Then move on to the Material shaders.
See also: Henry's Material Book in the "Tips and Tricks" board. A bit old, but still very helpful.

John R.

RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* December 06, 2017, 01:36:09 PM

Go to "Options / Materials / Load Materials".
Browse for the "TurboCAD Color-Deluxe.mat" file.
If you don't want everything in the file, uncheck the "Select All" option.
Then expand the three categories (+ sign) and checkmark the materials you do want.
Once you've made your selections, click on the "Open" button to load the materials into the "Propin.dat" file.
You should now have a "TurboCAD Colors" category in the Materials palette with 3 sub-categories (depending on what was checked).

As for editing, see the LightWorks Help file. Deluxe does not contain a link in the Help menu like Platinum, but it can be found in the Program Files (if running 64-bit).
C:\Program Files\IMSIDesign\TCW2015\Smdata\english_uk "LightWorksTCHelp.chm".
Look for "LightWorks Editor", which is "LightWorks Manager in your version. It gives you a basic rundown on the Editor/Manager. Then move on to the Material shaders.
See also: Henry's Material Book in the "Tips and Tricks" board. A bit old, but still very helpful.

Got it!  they loaded.   But, one problem.  The thumbnails don't represent the color?  There is the name there.  just no visual?  Is there something I need to do to update the thumbnails?

TuboCad Deluxe 2015. 

* December 06, 2017, 05:58:26 PM
Go to "Options / Materials / Edit RedSDK Materials" and/or "Edit LightWorks Materials". Go to the "TurboCAD Color" category in the Render Manager and expand it. I would initially select one material and click on the "Refresh Preview" button. If you're not happy with the preview, pick a different Model or View. Once satisfied with the thumbnail, go back to the Matte or Glass category. Right-click on it and choose "Rebuild Thumbnails for All Category". Sit back and wait.

John R.

RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit