TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Trouble fitting page to print?
Read 312 times
* November 28, 2017, 03:00:38 PM
Ok, I am having trouble matching my page to my print output?  I have everything set at 11x17, but my margins are acting funky?  How could I get 11x17 in my work space to print on 11x17 paper as drawn?  Seems to add margins, and other funky stuff?  Attached.  It is an electrical template that I am working on. 

TuboCad Deluxe 2015. 
Newbie, but Getting There.

November 30, 2017, 01:03:17 AM
First off, you haven't made any Named Views for the page mockups in Model Space that would be used in Paper Space.

The file I modified added View_1 for the top left page mockup and inserted a Viewport on Paperspace P1 that fits inside the margins.  You can expand on this for the other pages.

Jeff

UPDATE: Replaced file with 2015 version
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 04:07:21 PM by Jeffin90620 »

TC Pro Platinum 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* November 30, 2017, 11:15:25 AM
An "old" method would be to lay out all your pages on one PaperSpace page, starting at the bottom left-to-right, then up; keeping all your title blocks within the Margin lines. Place your previously created Viewports within these titleblocks. Set them to a "fixed Scale" of your choice. You can have multiple sized scales on one Titleblock/page. Turn off "Visible Box" to hide the Viewport border.

Jeff, your drawing is in TurboCAD 2017 format and Roy is using TurboCAD 2015 Deluxe. It wouldn't open for me in 2015.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 11:20:55 AM by John R »

John R.

V17—V21, 2015, 2016, 2017
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* December 06, 2017, 01:05:04 PM
First off, you haven't made any Named Views for the page mockups in Model Space that would be used in Paper Space.

The file I modified added View_1 for the top left page mockup and inserted a Viewport on Paperspace P1 that fits inside the margins.  You can expand on this for the other pages.

Jeff

UPDATE: Replaced file with 2015 version

Ok, I think I see what you did?  Sorry about not having a view saved, I thought I had.  So you basically fit the viewport inside the dotted lines?  To make it fit?

TuboCad Deluxe 2015. 

* December 06, 2017, 01:11:55 PM
An "old" method would be to lay out all your pages on one PaperSpace page, starting at the bottom left-to-right, then up; keeping all your title blocks within the Margin lines. Place your previously created Viewports within these titleblocks. Set them to a "fixed Scale" of your choice. You can have multiple sized scales on one Titleblock/page. Turn off "Visible Box" to hide the Viewport border.

Jeff, your drawing is in TurboCAD 2017 format and Roy is using TurboCAD 2015 Deluxe. It wouldn't open for me in 2015.

I think I understand what you did also?  But, will the multiple sheets on one page still print on 11x17 each viewport?

TuboCad Deluxe 2015. 

* December 06, 2017, 05:23:39 PM

I think I understand what you did also?  But, will the multiple sheets on one page still print on 11x17 each viewport?

That is what the PDF shows. It printed each as a separate page at the 11×17 size. Since you had Modelspace set up similar to this, I did it the same in Paperspace; you just have a bit more control this way.
The other way (Jeff's recommendation) is to set each page you're going to print in its own Paperspace page. I would recommend putting the page border, title block, etc. on each Paperspace page instead of in Modelspace. Then it is down to making Named Views in Modelspace and inserting them, as a Viewport, into Paperspace.

See Paper Space and Printing in the Help file and its sub-articles.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015, 2016, 2017
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit