TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Working With Layer Sets - Bugs and Crashes?
Read 73 times
* November 13, 2017, 07:25:21 PM
Hi All,
Thanks to generous support, I've been using layer sets successfully, except for the following crash, and layer set editor features not working:
1 - When launching TC, "all layers" is the default layer setting. All layers marked visible in my two XREF blocks show. Correct so far. When I select my own layer set, there is no change. When I reload the two XREF blocks, my layer set works and properly shows layers from the XREF blocks... Until I click on a paper space. Then TC crashes with an unhandled exception. File was left intact though.
If I reload the XREF blocks as the very first thing after launching TC, selecting my layer set works and properly shows layers from the XREF blocks, and no crash so far... Anybody have any experience with this? Is this a known work-around to a known bug and/or does it really solve the crash? 
2 - When I bring up the layer set editor from Edit LayerSets in the design director, the layers are in some apparently random order and the 'sort by ascending/descending' option that comes up when right clicking any of the column headers does nothing. Also, the alignment option that comes up when doing this does nothing.  Also, you can highlight blocks of layers, but trying to apply an option like visibility to them as a group (as in design director) does not work. Are these known bugs, and/or is there a work-around?
(TC 21.2 64-bit Build 59.0, Windows 7)
Thanks,
Tom

* November 13, 2017, 08:13:14 PM
PS - Problem #1 does not always occur. Recently, selecting my layer set works as expected.
Tom

* November 13, 2017, 11:50:19 PM
I think this has been fixed in later versions. You no longer need to reload the layer sets to get them to work.
It used to annoy me too.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 11:52:50 PM by nikkipollard »

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks