TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

mower engine (building)
Read 67 times
* November 17, 2017, 03:56:57 PM
About 3 month ago, my next door neighbour was throwing away and old broken lawnmower, so I took loads of pictures and measurements, and since then I've played around with drawing a few parts each week (I changed the shape of the body),  drawn and rendered in TC2017 Pro,  using RedSDK..

Animation,  although it's mainly uses Keyframe movement and a bit of rotation, it did crash a few times, its animated using 21 separate segments as the whole animation time would have been around 40 hours, and I wasn't risking losing that amount of time, so did it in approximately 2 hour blocks.

Its a bit too fast in places, but I thought it could get boring if slowed down too much, not suitable for full screen mode as I had to use 1280x720 because my computer wouldn't save at the higher (1920) resolution.

https://youtu.be/kziRvjrPsMg

Andy

November 17, 2017, 04:08:17 PM
That is fantastic Andy. A true labor of love, to be sure!

* November 17, 2017, 04:30:37 PM
Wow thats superb, sure its a bit fast ( you can have a crack at mine ) but its also very clever and I like that way its all goes together.

With all the quality animations that have been produced by tcw & anilab, should we post these to other sites so that the respective owners and designers can attract some more publicity to grow their products sales and user base?

Why did I ask this? Well the short answer is that IMSI and Animation Lab v5 would love to sell more and in so promoting their products through our ideas serves two purposes as I see it.
1. If its not obvious they sell more, simple.
2. We get the benefit from more users input into the tools we want and need.

Your thoughts here please?

Thanks Daz ( Darryl )
Using TCW 2015, 2016 & 2017 Platinum, Animation Lab V5, Graficalc & Windows 10 using Lightworks mostly

Good better best
Never let it rest
Until your good is better
And your better is best

November 18, 2017, 01:18:04 AM
Andy,

your efforts are truly inspiring - top notch.
    The speed is no problem. This can be altered when watching, to suit.
    I'd forgotten how many 'bits' there are in these engines.

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016 - 64-bit versions.