TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

The Forum - Accessibility
Read 239 times
* November 04, 2017, 04:05:36 PM
Anyone know why I can reach this Forum directly, but not from the link in TurboCAD's own Help menu? Is it anything to do with TurboCAD or might it be something in my security software?

* November 04, 2017, 08:28:45 PM
Which version/edition are you using?

In TurboCAD 2017, I find that "Help / TurboCAD On The Web / TurboCAD Forum" has bad addresses in Designer and Expert. Deluxe and Professional work okay.

They're using this ancient code in Designer & Expert: TurboCAD Forum<http://support.turbocad.com/link.php?link=tcforum&PN=dlx&ver=17.0&loc=help>
It should be: TurboCAD Forum<http://forums.turbocad.com/>
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 08:31:06 PM by John R »

John R.

V17—V21, 2015, 2016, 2017
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* November 05, 2017, 01:31:34 PM
It's Deluxe 19.2.

I've noticed another problem too. According to the on-line  "manual", it's possible to reach the Inspector Bar by either TAB or Ctrl+E to set a selected object's dimensions. Only it isn't, not on mine anyway! 

* November 05, 2017, 02:32:46 PM
In my copy of Deluxe 19.2…
"Ctrl+E" takes me to the first field in the Inspector Bar, but no further.
The "Tab" key will take me to the first field in the Inspector Bar. Tabbing again will move through the available fields and then into the Coordinates fields until you're back into the Inspector Bar.
"Shift+Tab" will take me to the Coordinates fields.

Go to "Help / Keyboard" and see if you have a long list of Hotkeys (100+). If not, I would shut down the program, then go to the "Built-In" folder and delete its contents. Restart the program and all the deleted files will be rebuilt. Hopefully this will restore your Hotkeys.
C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\IMSIDesign\TurboCAD\19\Deluxe\Profiles\Built-In
or
%AppData%\IMSIDesign\TurboCAD\19\Deluxe\Profiles\Built-In

John R.

RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* November 05, 2017, 02:46:41 PM
Thank you. There are just 5 or 6 in there, and none are what I was looking for! No Ctrl+ E, no TAB.

If that is the default I am very reluctant to modify or delete anything, because I don't know what further damage I will do.

I tested it with a simple circle. I found I had to draw it approximately in size and position, then leave it as complete to free the cursor. Then Select the circle and place the cursor in the first dimension box. Once I had done that, the TAB key would then step through the boxes as you'd expect. 

* November 05, 2017, 03:41:55 PM
This is what I have in V19 Deluxe Keyboard Help after starting the Program. Look under "FocusTo…" in the left column.

These are files that I would delete when the program is turned off.

John R.

RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* November 06, 2017, 01:05:52 PM
Thank you, but I think it safest I leave modifying the programme to IMSI or the real experts among its users!

In fact I did try deleting a 'CTRL+ key'  file whose loss I judged the least damaging, but the table presented on the screen is not editable. Nor of course can I add further short-cut keys.

Since posting that I experimented, since I have two accounts with different e-post addresses on the same computer, but I had loaded TurboCAD from one CD and I think on only one account, but it is still accessible from the other. I have not tried it on my XP computer, but that has no Internet link.

One a/c lets me view the .pdf features-index but not the video or Forum. This is the same a/c which turned the TAB key off. I can reach this Forum only via the Internet directly, outside of TurboCAD.

On the other account, the TAB key and the video work, but the on-line pdf file material is blocked. 

The video didn't get me started because it is too fast - I can't learn from a disembodied commentary on an arrow driven by a poltergeist, some steps ahead of the one I am still trying to remember.

So my own difficulty in trying learn undeniably extremely complicated software, is compounded by unknown computer problems, and by what "Help" material I can reach, not "Helping" me. This also means there is no guarantee any suggested solutions will solve anything.