TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Hole through 2 parts (or more)
Read 246 times
* November 02, 2017, 03:47:14 AM
Hi,
Is there a method that forces the hole tool to continue the drill to a next part ? I mean a hole diam 3.2 mm for the body of the screw in the first part and then a hole diam 2.5mm for the thread in the second part ?
Or does somebody know a clever method to do this (except with a point on the first facet and another point on the second facet)
Thanks.

* November 02, 2017, 05:14:44 AM
The hole tool works on one body, so any method for what you want will necessarily involve defining two holes OR some method that intersects two parts after the hole's been located, or doing something other than using the hole tool.

* November 03, 2017, 05:01:31 PM
3D-Add the two parts (they should not be in contact before adding) and specify a "Through" hole. Then use the Quick Pull tool to modify the radius of the hole in one of the parts.

Henry H

* November 09, 2017, 06:14:47 AM
Thanks.
May be it is an idea for a wish list, because -often- when I drill a part, I want to drill the second part for the screw. This could be done in one operation.

* November 09, 2017, 11:50:07 PM
How do you suggest two parameters and two parts could be specified in one operation?   

* November 10, 2017, 02:55:13 AM
mmm I imagine something like { select part1, select part2, select hole_tool_2, set parameter diam for part1, set param diameter and  length for part2, execute } . Maybe with a macro, but I never did something with a part selected.